Main Menu

List of fixable buggy Cave PCBs

Started by EOJ, December 09, 2007, 08:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtw

battle gregor, the version string is the same as mine. And i have never had a crash like that.

Do you use coins or run in freeplay ?

Sperrfeuer has a good point, check the 5V. Measure it on the JAMMA connector while the PCB is powered.

You need a multimeter, do NOT attempt to adjust without it.

rtw
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

battle gregor

thanks r.t.w

i have made this bug happen on freeplay ,coins ,score save turned off etc basically i've been through any setting that i think may have caused it.. i'll get a multimeter at the weekend and check the 5v line!!! i take it if it's too low then i just adjust the 5v on the psu while i'm looking at the multimeter reading on the 5v from the jamma??

rtw

Quote from: battle gregori'll get a multimeter at the weekend and check the 5v line!!! i take it if it's too low then i just adjust the 5v on the psu while i'm looking at the multimeter reading on the 5v from the jamma??
Yep, get a JAMMA pinout and measure between GND and 5V. While keeping an eye on the meter start adjusting. Sometimes it's better if you're 2 people. One reading the meter the other guy doing the adjusting.

rtw
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

cannonball

I just experienced the following bug in MMP.  Stage 3, about 10 seconds in the video gets corrupted, but then returns to normal after that frame of the background is gone.  Play can continue as normal through the whole thing.  Did another run and it did the same thing.  Powered down and back up, and the bug was gone.

Anyone have this happen before?

EOJ

Wow, some weird MMP bugs are out there. My PCB remains 100% bug-free, despite owning it for about 5 months and putting lots of hours of play on it.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

sven666

dunno if it was ever documented before but heres a vid of the ketsui freeze bug (between stage 2 and 3), its so rare ive actually never seen it before, fized PCB or not (thisones fixed).

never mind my shitty run, i make mistakes all over the place and youd think i was suicidal with all those shitty deaths.. :rolleyes:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CAEY3R5N (150mb)