Show us your CAVE gaming setup!

Started by EOJ, September 05, 2018, 11:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Post some pics of the current gaming setup you use to play your CAVE games. CRTs, LCDs, cabs, superguns, consoles, portables, PCs, iOS devices, whatever!  :righton:
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

I'll start. Here is how I play most of my CAVE games. You can see the Sigma AV7000 supergun in the corner there, connected to the Sigma 9000TB controller on the desk. The Sigma supergun is connected to an OSSC 1.6 via 21 pin RGB > SCART cable. This outputs to HDMI into the Dell U2414H 24" monitor I use. My Japanese Xbox 360 (under the Sigma on the shelf) connects to the other HDMI input on the monitor. I use a Dell soundbar placed under the monitor for sound for both the supergun and the X360. I store all of my X360 CAVE games in the drawer next to the X360, and I store my X360 arcade stick (a Hori RAP EX-SE) in the large closed shelf below the X360. I like a minimalistic and compact setup so this suits me very well.

Not pictured is my PS4 which is connected to the 40" LCD in the lounge. I play Dangun Feveron (and soon Ketsui) there.
My score archive

SWZ

EOJ

Not much room for a CRT. But even if I had the room I don't think I'd buy one anymore. I love the look of my games through an OSSC, and my monitor has basically no input lag.

I would like to get a cab some day, but I've never done good scores on those, for whatever reason (I think I do better on smaller screens). So maybe it's not for me.
My score archive

emphatic

Very nice. I would probably go for a similar setup if it weren't for my cabinets cat and laundry storage.

Monouchi

EOJ: Add a scanline generator for that crt feel.  :righton: (Or maybe the supergun has that allready?)

My setup:
Nanao monitors, Seimitsu sticks, Sanwa buttons.

EOJ

Quote from: Monouchi on September 07, 2018, 10:07:13 AM
EOJ: Add a scanline generator for that crt feel.  :righton: (Or maybe the supergun has that allready?)

The OSSC unit generates the scanlines. They look great! I guess you can't see them very well in that picture.

I always love seeing pics of your awesome home arcade.  Maybe some day you could take the same picture but with each cab running a different CAVE game. =D
My score archive

xygax

@Monouchi: didn't you have one in which you fit a 27" LCD ?

Monouchi

EOJ: As you wish.  ;)

Xygax: Yes, the modded bezel and 27" LCD is in storage, it can be changed in about an hour if I need a LCD for gaming.

SH4R4KU

Quote from: EOJ on September 05, 2018, 11:54:31 PM
I'll start. Here is how I play most of my CAVE games. You can see the Sigma AV7000 supergun in the corner there, connected to the Sigma 9000TB controller on the desk. The Sigma supergun is connected to an OSSC 1.6 via 21 pin RGB > SCART cable. This outputs to HDMI into the Dell U2414H 24" monitor I use. My Japanese Xbox 360 (under the Sigma on the shelf) connects to the other HDMI input on the monitor. I use a Dell soundbar placed under the monitor for sound for both the supergun and the X360. I store all of my X360 CAVE games in the drawer next to the X360, and I store my X360 arcade stick (a Hori RAP EX-SE) in the large closed shelf below the X360. I like a minimalistic and compact setup so this suits me very well.

Not pictured is my PS4 which is connected to the 40" LCD in the lounge. I play Dangun Feveron (and soon Ketsui) there.

Looks absolutely stunning. Bit confused how you use this stick with the 360 tho. Unless you don't?!

What stick do you use on the PS4? I am considering modding a stick (in fact, Sega VSHG) with the Brook Fighting Adapter, for Switch and PS4.

Thoughts?

Pics of setup will follow in due course.

EOJ

I use the Sigma 9000TB stick with the Sigma supergun. That's it. I use the Hori RAP EX-SE stick with the X360.

I don't have a stick for my PS4 yet. Currently using a Hori fighting commander pad, which is pretty nice.
My score archive

SH4R4KU

Quote from: EOJ on February 05, 2020, 06:30:21 PM
I use the Sigma 9000TB stick with the Sigma supergun. That's it. I use the Hori RAP EX-SE stick with the X360.

I don't have a stick for my PS4 yet. Currently using a Hori fighting commander pad, which is pretty nice.

Nice.

I am looking at modding a VSHG with a Brook Converter for use on PS4 and Switch.

I think I have a very similar DELL monitor to yours, that I also need to get over to my place. Nice setup :)

OlDirty

Monouchi has the fucking most bonkers setup. I love it! Best cabs combined with the best games.  :whyioughtta: :righton:

EOJ

Yeah, monouchi's setup is amazing. I think he sold the SDOJ PCB a long time ago, though.
My score archive

SH4R4KU

Absolutely no idea where to post this, but what button config do people run in the CAVE games, on a 6 button arcade stick?

SuperPang

Quote from: SH4R4KU on February 28, 2020, 12:45:08 PM
Absolutely no idea where to post this, but what button config do people run in the CAVE games, on a 6 button arcade stick?

A B C
D

jandrogo

Sorry if I derail a little this topic, but EOJ your 9000TB arcade stick amazing.
I am going to ask a price for having a industrial replica produced. When you have time, would you take measures (height, wide and deep and also, distance from stick hole to left and up and down borders) to design a similar stick for consoles and arcade, based in this project:

https://github.com/FeralAI/GP2040

Looks promising

Thanks

EOJ

I no longer have the 9000TB stick. But plenty of other people do, so maybe one of them can help you out.
My score archive

jandrogo

Thanks for your quick reply EOJ, let's hope somebody more in the forum has it and is able to help me.
BTW which is your current setup? Mine is very contained nowadays, as yours. A Nec tateable flat screen, a MiSTer FPGA and some consoles with it's arcade stick.

EOJ

Still using the same monitor and Japanese X360. Also have a PS4 hooked up to it.

For the supergun, I switched to a Sigma 1AV + 3TB stick.
My score archive

jandrogo

EOJ would you mind taking measures of your 3TB arcade stick considering it's nearly identical to a 9000TB?
It fits what I am looking for. Nowadays I am using a modded Hori Fighting Stick VX

EOJ

If you really want to do an exact replica (not sure on the legality of THAT) you should just buy one:

https://www.tops-game.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=5967

Note they are quite thin and you cannot fit regular-size Seimitsu or Sanwa quick-connect buttons in the casing due to that (only Seimitsu PS-15 fit in there). If you solder the buttons in then you can use regular-size Seimitsu or Sanwa.

Tops lists the dimensions as:

Width: 32.0 cm
Depth: 22.0 cm
Height: 10.8 cm
My score archive

jandrogo

Thanks again for your reply.

It seems that it has the same measures as the Hori Fighting Stick VX I am using nowadays.
Don't worry, I am not interested in an exact replica or selling a product. Just to produce 2 or 3 units of sturdy, comfortable and contained measures stick for my use. Also to be able to change Seimitsu/Sanwa sticks easily

churchofsolipsism

Enough with the thread derailing, friend...

Here's my setup (don't mind all the crap lying around, I know my attic is in desperate need of tidying):

I built the cab with a friend a decade ago and it still holds up. Got an old stereo and two ridiculously oversized speakers connected to the hacked Xbox running the Cave games so I can pump Mushi Futari's wonderful soundtrack at 130 dezibels.

Codiene

This is my current setup as I sadly have no Cave PCBs, just getting back into playing arcade games after 15+years out. 

It is permanently setup in Tate mode so I can play Vertical scrollers (very badly). The setup looks a little bit messy as I haven't tidied up all the cables yet and it is running both the Pi-Zero and the Pi4B through an HDMI splitter, into and HDMI audio extractor linked to a sound bar (plus my stereo if I want to run it through both) and then into the monitor. The LEDs are power from one of the monitors USB ports and fixed to the back of the monitor. Monitor is an HP one I rescued from work a long time ago and stashed as it was native 4:3. Also have a slightly smaller 4:3 Dell one I rescued.

I imagine with the setup it is probably laggy to anyone who has the PCB's to play on or played the originals extensively but its fine for me at the moment. I do have DE10 Nano FPGA for a Mister setup which has been on back order for quite a while. But I will hopefully get it in a couple of months and will add that into the mix once I have it.

The Stick is one of my collection (I have a few, probably more than I need  =D). It is a Virtua Stick high grade I picked up for a really good price off ebay and refurbished. It had a lot of corrosion on the coach bolts and to a scratched up back panel. I stripped it down got rid of the rust and sprayed up the panel and refitted the original feet. I cleaned up the coach bolts and mirror polished them with a dremel. It has a row of Pink Qanba switches and a row of pink Samduksa switches as I wanted to test them both out. It also has a 4lb spring, a 1mm oversized Kowal Actuator, and a 45mm Semitsu LB49 Translucent Pink Bubble top.

And I realise it doesn't have a Cave game playing at the time I took the photo :laugh:

jandrogo

@codiene, I don't know if it's only for me, but seems the pic does show

Codiene

@jandrogo sorry missed your reply. Yeah it seems to have disappeared for me too. I thought I set it to never expire but might not have set it properly. I'm on hols at the moment so will sort it out when I get back and update the picture.

Thanks for letting me know ;)

caincan

same thing,  is there a massive private arcade collection somewhere with dozens of Cave games ?   :-X.       in Spain,  Rocco did some ?    and in Tampa california ?

i remember that french Coinoplegacy held a Cave carnival en 2015   with 22 cabinets playing

https://coinoplegacy.com/cave-carnival-bilan/

needaes

Bonjour à vous :)

Je possède pour moi en Fullkit :

Mushihime Tama
Mushihime sama
Mushihime Sama Futari 1.5
Mushihimesama BL Japan
Deathsmiles
Deathsmiles MBL
PS
Ibara