Main Menu

Deathsmiles

Started by EOJ, December 09, 2007, 06:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Quote from: sven666looks like a price cut is pretty damn close now.. the price has started creeping down ever so slowly on yahoo..
Yeah, I just bought the complete mint NOS kit that was up there for a buy-it-now of 120,000yen. :D Can't wait to get it!
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

sven666

good shizzle.. how much does that total with fees and all?

EOJ

$1300 + shipping to me, which will be about $35.
My score archive

Plasmo

Very good 500mill+ (with Rosa) replay is up at niconico and youtube! Definitely a Must Watch!:shock:

Part 1/4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY9ABvJnh10
Part 2/4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4zzLvB8uhE
Part 3/4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_dLccBvlpY
Part 4/4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tDJ7tSsCvg

EOJ

My score archive

sven666

amazing.. this guy makes it look like art, too bad he does a few misses near the end or his score would have been even higher by quite alot i suspect :shock:

Plasmo

Ok can anyone explain why the guy suicides on the fire stage? And what's the purpose in using bombs?

EOJ

I'm not sure of the suicide. As for bombs, I notice some players use them when the counter is approaching zero in order to quickly get it back up to 1000. If you time it right, you'll absorb a bunch of skulls that will jack the counter to 1000 in a second. You can do it without a bomb if you destroy a large enemy at the right time, but it's a bit trickier.

Anyway, that's what I notice from the vid, but maybe I'm wrong. I'll experiment once I get the game.
My score archive

KOMA

That is correct EOJ but you need to have the best timing to get the counter back to 1000.Basically it's all about timing anyway or you miss the stage.

Plasmo

Well, thanks that also explains the suicide, because he had no bombs left at this time.

sven666

he suicides to stop the skull counter from counting down doesnt he?

KOMA

No he doesn't sven,the fever mode was not power up.

Like Plasmo said,he just suicides to get back 3 bombs in stock for the next stage and in beating the boss,he had enough skulls to have 1000 at the counter.Pretty clover.

I hope that's sound english for you.

EOJ

Got my kit today. :D

I've only played a few credits, but my initial impression is that the game is awesome, and actually much more difficult than in looks (I've only played at all Rank 3). I'm also not really used to horis so the whole change in perspective is throwing me off a bit.

I should add that it was a pain in the ass entering in those codes to unlock Rosa, Folette, and the Canyon stage! Glad that's over with. If you don't have a second controller for your supergun or 2P controls hooked up to your cab, then you're screwed.
My score archive

gsl

It really does get quite difficult when the suicide bullets start flying if you play all Rank 3.  I still end up doing 2 stages on Rank 2 to avoid that, plus Mary the cow's Rank 3 form gets kinda difficult in some places.  The Canyon stage especially is rough with the suicide bullets.
I think part of the difficulty is, for the most part with the vert shooters, you only really have to worry about bullets generally coming from above, whereas in Deathsmiles, they come from every direction, to the point that being able to shoot in two directions is part of the game mechanic.  That said, the game's got a great balance depending on how you set your rank--it can be easily accessable, or quite brutal.

DED

my blog <- with EXY fanart :>

rtw

Quote from: DEDhttp://cave.shop-pro.jp/ <- ds soundtrack and dvd
Awesome, is there a date ?

rtw
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

Sperrfeuer

great!
looks like the release is 2008年5月26日正午より販売スタート

EOJ

I can't wait to get that superplay DVD! They say it'll be a 2DVD set, with superplays for all 4 characters. Looks like they will only have EX stage runs, not separate non-EX runs. That's a little disappointing, but not a big deal. They don't mention the players on the DVD, but it seems likely that it'll be the usual group of ISO, TAC, SWY, and Dame K.K.
My score archive

Plasmo

Basically non-EX runs are exactly the same but with one stage missing. I can't understand why anyone would like to watch non-EX replays.
Anyway, I'm not sure if I'm going to buy this one. Maybe after a big price drop.

EOJ

The final boss patterns are harder when you take the EX route. Also, the Castle stage's rank is higher after the EX stage.
My score archive

Plasmo

Both true, two more reasons why non-EX replays are redundant.;)

KOMA

I just dl a new video from Tsumanne.He's just show us different safe spot from forest boss.
But i was impressed by his high score,598M.I think is it the best score i've seen so far....i think.

EOJ

Wow, 598mil?? Someone should be breaking 600mil soon then. Hopefully we'll see some 600+mil runs for the DVD.
My score archive

rtw

Quote from: KOMAI just dl a new video from Tsumanne.He's just show us different safe spot from forest boss.
But i was impressed by his high score,598M.I think is it the best score i've seen so far....i think.
Got a link ? :D

rtw

KOMA

Here we go
http://www.h7.dion.ne.jp/~koena-oi/index.htm
Password:whroon

It's a filebank link by the way :lol:

I'm wondering if he made the hyper link suicide bullets to get this high score.

rtw

Quote from: KOMAHere we go
http://www.h7.dion.ne.jp/~koena-oi/index.htm
Password:whroon

It's a filebank link by the way :lol:
It's amazing, whatever I do I cannot get filebank to work :( Could a kind soul please upload it to megaupload ?

rtw

EOJ

Already mentioned on the previous page in this thread, GP. Will you be taking orders for these? If so, mark me down for one of the superplay DVDs. :D
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Aaah.  I just checked the last page and saw rtw and others going on about some torrent.  Also didn't see mention at shmups so figured it wasn't touched on.  Got a notification from the Cave shop... not the usual news sources.  Not a whole hell of a lot of web surfing in my life at the moment, as you could imagine.

I should be able to make an order.  Wonder how the limits will be set.  Like, if you buy 10 sets, can you still buy 10 DVDs, etc.  I doubt they're packaged together.

cannonball

Please put me down for the set if you make an order GP.