Main Menu

So long, trusty SH3

Started by EOJ, February 09, 2009, 07:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

So it's official, according to DS2's main programmer, Ichimura, CAVE has ended the SH3 hardware. The last game on the hardware was Death Smiles Mega Black Label. A look back at the games created on the SH3 board:

Mushihimesama
Ibara
Espgaluda 2
Ibara Kuro
Pink Sweets
Mushihimetama
Mushihimesama Futari 1.0
Mushihimesama Futari 1.5
Muchi Muchi Pork!
Death Smiles
Mushihimesama Futari Black Label
Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu 1.0
Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu 1.5
Death Smiles Mega Black Label

No other hardware can come close to such quality in shooting games. So long, trusty SH3! You
will be missed.  :'(
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

RGC

jpj

shame it had like 4 games that weren't sequels/remixes   :-\

Ast-Kot

あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

KOMA

Bye bye.
I hope the new hardware is not a fancy and heavy as a taito type x or whatsoever that is..... :whyioughtta:

GaijinPunch

Quote from: KOMA on February 10, 2009, 07:23:52 AM
Bye bye.
I hope the new hardware is not a fancy and heavy as a taito type x or whatsoever that is..... :whyioughtta:

Oh, man.  That would fuck the foreign buyers.

KOMA

Quote from: GaijinPunch on February 10, 2009, 09:11:22 PM
Quote from: KOMA on February 10, 2009, 07:23:52 AM
Bye bye.

Oh, man.  That would fuck the foreign buyers.
Indeed.
Death Smiles HD port,Xbox 360-Taito type x= PC architecture.
I'm worried.....

EOJ

They wouldn't use Type-x if the game is lo res, which it appears to be. So the new hardware should be something else - probably another CAVE board. They'd make more money with their own hardware than by using someone else's hardware.
My score archive

KOMA

Yes i know that EOJ.Just referring that could be a "Taito type x like" due to the port.It's just a thought.

EOJ

If so, DS2 wouldn't be lo res, it would be hi res. Due to the fact it's lo res, I don't think the port has anything to do with their new hardware.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

There's no architecture that allows for a quick port to any of the current consoles, so there's really no upside to any of it.  Type X is obsolete as well, although presumably upgradable.  I'll be interested to see how big the new hardware is (and of course, what it can handle).  Wonder if the days of slowdown are behind us.

PROMETHEUS

Quote from: GaijinPunch on February 12, 2009, 10:40:24 AMWonder if the days of slowdown are behind us.

What do you mean? Slowdown is obviously programmed into the games on purpose, right?

SuperPang

No, the gameplay is programmed around the inevitable slowdown you get with thousands of bullets on screen. I have a feeling we won't notice a great deal of improvement visually from the interweb, moreso during play as the hardware will be able to throw more bullets around at full speed. The danmaku is after all what Cave are about, and probably why they don't go high res and sacrifice some of that.