How to play Mushihimesama Futari 1.5

Started by Xerexus, October 17, 2008, 02:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xerexus

Hey everyone,

I hope I am posting this in the right thread. I came across some videos on this game and I would like to try it out. I am living in the U.S. and don't know much about the available options for me to play this game (like PCB). Could anyone give me the best and/or cheapest way to play this game and how to set it up?

Thanks.

jpj

welcome to the forum   :)

where are you located?  and how much budget is available to you?
it is more than likely that you wont have an arcade in the near vicinity with this game, and you may need to buy an arcade cabinet (or supergun - which allows PCB's to be played on a regular TV), and the game PCB itself

EOJ

You'll need the PCB (around $1000 at PCB shops, cheaper if you can find a forum member selling one). And then to play it you'll need a supergun or an arcade cabinet. Superguns run from $150-$400 usually. A great, reliable one is the Sigma AV7000 (about $400 w/ controller + shipping from Japan).

In short, there isn't any cheap way to play Futari yet. But the good news is the game is fantastic and it's definitely worth the trouble (and the money) to play it.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Xerexus

Hey thanks for the replies.

I live in the east coast (Maryland), so I am pretty sure I will not be able to find it here. So I need a PCB and a supergun. Does anyone have any pictures of a supergun? Or a good online shop for some? Is that what you guys use to play Mushihimesama Futari? Or do you guys play it in Japan?

Are there any plans to bring it to the ps2/ps3? Or would the PCB (arcade) be the best experience?

Thanks again.

Sycada

Welcome,

Some people here use superguns, some use a cab (or both?). I went with a cab in the end, found a local arcade supplier and bought a cab direct from them, that way you can dodge the shipping bullet which can be tremendously expensive on a big cab.
There have been no announcements of a Futari port and if it ever happened it'll likely come out on 360.
Also very often the ports have not been up to snuff compared to the originals. Futari is, as EOJ says though a fantastic game and worth every cent.

PROMETHEUS

Although I don't think like that at all myself, I think ports only have minor (bad) differences with the originals and are generally a much better choice when available, firstly because of the stage select option, secondly because of the price. Buying a PCB is reasonable only if you are prepared for inefficient practice methods, AND if you either :
- have a lot of money.
- know you will play the game a LOT.
- have good assurance you will be able to sell it back for most of what you originally paid for it.

Personally, I would definitely be playing Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 if it was ported, but am not because it wasn't. And that's mainly because I strongly dislike slow practice methods, that is to say without stage select. Expect to spend 3 times as much time on the game for the same results, maybe much more.

Sycada

fair points man.
It cannot be understated that it is very expensive. I have to confess that the only way I can even afford to keep the hobby up is by neglecting to buy console games almost entirely.

EOJ

Sort of silly not to buy PCBs because they don't include a stage select/practice mode. The more you play the original games without a practice mode, the better you become at getting good at the games quickly without the need for a practice mode. It also adds to the longevity of the games. If you must practice, buy the port (if available) to practice, then do your runs on the PCB (unless it's one of the 2 accurate CAVE ports, namely EspGaluda and DDPDOJ).

It also helps to play the games with a joystick or pad instead of a keyboard. This will significantly reduce your practice times!  ;)

Also, some ports have stage selects/practice modes built in via an option in the dip switches, for example Pink Sweets. And Deathsmiles' relatively free stage select makes practice easy as well.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Gwyrgyn

Too bad you didn't ask about 9 months ago, before I sold mine. :X