Mushihimesama Futari ver 1.5 [JP XBOX 360, 2009] REGION FREE W/ SCANLINES

Started by EOJ, April 21, 2009, 02:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antares

Futari had an option called "Old Projector", which put wrong colors on screen and made the picture look weird. If I remember correctly someone mistook this option for a 3D option but it isn't. I tried it out with 3D glasses (the old red/green ones) and it looked the same.

rtw

I have just gotten an ASIA XBOX 360 Slim.

I've successfully become a member of XBOX Live.

My version is is the Limited Edition version i.e. Japanese region.

When I try to buy the Black Label package I get some kind of message
stating the possibility to press either the yellow or red button. Pressing
yellow lands me in the Marketplace but I'm not able to select or do
anything there. It says that nothing is selected. if I select continue it just says
that an error occurred and I should try later.

Have I missed something obvious ?

I also got the DLC for 1.0.1 Futari but how do I enable that ? I got
some kind of code which I am supposed to enter but where ?

Any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated!
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

SuperPang

Did you register your real location when you signed up for Live? You'll need a second gamertag registered to any Japanese address and with a different email address. Buy your shit via that, play it with the other one.

antares

Quote from: rtw on August 16, 2010, 01:01:17 PM
I also got the DLC for 1.0.1 Futari but how do I enable that ? I got
some kind of code which I am supposed to enter but where ?

Any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Press the XBox Button, go all to the left and select "Reedem Code".

rtw

Thanks for all your tips, 1.0.1 is now installed :D

As for the second gamertag stuff, how would I buy Microsoft points ?

If I register at a Japanese address and have a non Japanese credit card
how will that work out ?

And will content downloaded to my console be available for all gamertags ?

Where is a good place to find a Japanese address  ;)

brentsg

Buy point cards from NCSX or someplace similar.  Usually they will e-mail you the scan of an unused card.  You can also use GP or someone in Japan that will do the dirty work for you.

They never see a credit card if you do this.

Once DLC is downloaded to an Xbox it's available to any gamertag.

Go online and find a business address.  I used a popular gaming company.   :)

StarCreator

You don't have to import points to buy Futari Black Label - it's available in all marketplaces worldwide.  You do have to resort to some trickery to find it though - the easiest way is to press the guide button with the game running and move one tab to the left, and it should be right there at the bottom.

When you make a purchase, any gamertag loaded onto the 360 you made the purchase on can use the content, online or offline.  Additionally, the gamertag that made the purchase can download it an indefinite number of times, but only that gamertag will have access to it when downloaded to a 360 other than the one it was originally purchased on - and in this case, the gamertag MUST be online.

emphatic

Quote from: rtw on August 16, 2010, 02:14:24 PM
Thanks for all your tips, 1.0.1 is now installed :D

As for the second gamertag stuff, how would I buy Microsoft points ?

If I register at a Japanese address and have a non Japanese credit card
how will that work out ?

And will content downloaded to my console be available for all gamertags ?

Where is a good place to find a Japanese address  ;)

I'm sending you a PM.

njiska

Quote from: StarCreator on August 16, 2010, 03:34:59 PM
You don't have to import points to buy Futari Black Label - it's available in all marketplaces worldwide.  You do have to resort to some trickery to find it though - the easiest way is to press the guide button with the game running and move one tab to the left, and it should be right there at the bottom.

I can confirm this. I bought my BL DLC that way. If you're looking for it under the Games Marketplace go to Game-Addons > Browse all > press right to sort by Genre > Shooter > Scroll to the bottom and find the Kanji. (This is all from memory. Actual directions may vary)
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

rtw

Thank you all for all the tips and hints :D

I have now been able to install MFBL by going to the marketplace and add-ons.

However I am not able to find any downloads for Raiden IV or Deathsmiles on the add-on marketplace.

So it looks like I will have to create a Japanese gamertag to get the last pieces. Thank you to all who have posted guidelines on how to do this.

njiska

Quote from: rtw on August 17, 2010, 03:58:47 AM
Thank you all for all the tips and hints :D

I have now been able to install MFBL by going to the marketplace and add-ons.

However I am not able to find any downloads for Raiden IV or Deathsmiles on the add-on marketplace.

So it looks like I will have to create a Japanese gamertag to get the last pieces. Thank you to all who have posted guidelines on how to do this.

To my knowledge Raiden IV content is only on the US, CDN and JP marketplaces and even then it took months to get it on the Canadian one. You'll need to make a gamertag in one of those regions and buy points from that region to buy the content. Same deal for Deathsmiles only it's JP only.

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Hive

Quote from: EOJ on September 03, 2010, 02:05:44 PM
Looks like a platinum collection version is coming 11/11, according to one retailer:

http://gmstar.com/xb360/mushihime2.html

with the possibility of 1.1 DLC Card content included?
Hive's "Colorphiles" Blog:  http://colorphiles.blogspot.com/

EOJ

It should at least include BL. I'm hoping 1.01 is included too.
My score archive

cstle

I wonder if Cave's "no more region free games" thing would apply to a re-release?

Since I don't have either BL or 1.01 yet, I'd definitely buy it if it has those. Rather have a physical copy with both of those there than DLC versions. Plus it'd save me the hassle of trying to get a card off of Yahoo Auctions JP using a middleman service or trying to find one for sale outside of there.

bcass

Quote from: njiska on August 17, 2010, 05:50:32 AM
To my knowledge Raiden IV content is only on the US, CDN and JP marketplaces and even then it took months to get it on the Canadian one. You'll need to make a gamertag in one of those regions and buy points from that region to buy the content. Same deal for Deathsmiles only it's JP only.

Raiden IV is also available on the Asian Marketplace.  Cheaper than it is on the JPN Marketplace too IIRC.

EOJ

Cover art for the Platinum edition. No longer has the fugly borders, instead it has a fugly symbol in the right corner. Not too bad for $30, though!

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/310/310678/img.html
My score archive

Third_strike

HVL

Quote from: Third_strike on October 18, 2010, 08:55:53 PM
What will I find in this version?
1.5 + Black Label?

I don't think BL has been confirmed.

I think I'll buy the platinum release, especially if it has BL in. 30 bucks is a steal even if you have the game already.

EOJ

I hope it has 1.01. You can buy BL, but you can't get 1.01 without a DLC unlock code. Hopefully they just unlock this from the start in the platinum edition.
My score archive

antares

I think this hasn't been posted here yet. Someone from triggerzone.de found out how to avoid the BL freezes:

Format a USB stick in your XBox and copy the BL content to the stick. Then delete BL from your HDD.
I haven't tried it myself yet but someone from another german speaking forum confirmed that it worked for him too.

brentsg

Quote from: antares on October 19, 2010, 10:57:34 AM
I think this hasn't been posted here yet. Someone from triggerzone.de found out how to avoid the BL freezes:

Format a USB stick in your XBox and copy the BL content to the stick. Then delete BL from your HDD.
I haven't tried it myself yet but someone from another german speaking forum confirmed that it worked for him too.

It's so strange that some people got this, some didn't.. and it's not something Cave ever addressed.  I never had mine stutter or freeze and I play from HD.  The engineer in me doesn't like the random nature of that bug.

antares

I had the freezes on my old 20GB HDD then switched to a 120GB one in the hope they will be gone but the freezes are still present.
Shame on me I haven't played Futari in weeks (months?) but I'll soon try this, just need to get a cheap USB stick.

njiska

Quote from: antares on October 19, 2010, 11:15:02 AM
I had the freezes on my old 20GB HDD then switched to a 120GB one in the hope they will be gone but the freezes are still present.

Weird. I get no stutters on my 120, but they still occur on my 20, even if there is nothing else on the drive.

JOW

I got the stutter on my old 360 + 60GB hard drive - maybe once every session.

I've had a 250GB slim for a couple of months now and it still occurs on that just as frequently but the actual stutter itself is a little less apparent - just the briefest of glitches but still noticable  ???

I'll try the USB stick trick soon.

lillin

*Hopes for Bl being included*

Seeing how the DS platinum release had MBL on disc i'm pretty sure this will follow the same trend. And while they are at it, there's no reason not to add 1.01. Plus if they wouldn't add anything the only thing we would get is a price drop which is cool, but when selling a re-release one would aim to stuff it with extras, so even those who have the original disk(like most of us here ;) ) will have a reason to buy it.
Anyway 30 bucks is a steal for mushi, so no matter what they include ( or not), im buying it. :laugh:

EOJ

DS Platinum retailed for $10 more than this, which makes me think BL is not included in Futari Platinum. Plus, JP retailers listed the DS platinum with the info that MBL was included, while we see no mention of BL in Futari's platinum listing.
My score archive

lillin

Quote from: EOJ on October 19, 2010, 02:19:31 PM
DS Platinum retailed for $10 more than this, which makes me think BL is not included in Futari Platinum. Plus, JP retailers listed the DS platinum with the info that MBL was included, while we see no mention of BL in Futari's platinum listing.

Hmm i didn't know that :-\
But we can always hope....

Aquas

Once Platinum is released and it doesn't include 1.01 I'm going to email cave and demand that 1.01.  C'mon.

drunkninja

Quote from: Aquas on October 19, 2010, 06:40:33 PM
Once Platinum is released and it doesn't include 1.01 I'm going to email cave and demand that 1.01.  C'mon.

Ehh, you're not exactly missing much IMO.