Mushihimesama Futari ver 1.5 [JP XBOX 360, 2009] REGION FREE W/ SCANLINES

Started by EOJ, April 21, 2009, 02:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaijinPunch

Too bad half the score is done on the last boss, and he has to milk it for 10 minutes via bombs and suicides. Seems rather Yagawa-esque, but too much, to the point where scoring is pretty much broken.

I've only played Arrange Ultra for a day or so, but I like Maniac much better.  The  deflection is used far less for survival.

EOJ

Yeah, I've played Maniac Arrange a bit, but I don't know how you people are getting the 3 to 5 bil scores there. I can't get over 2.5bil.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

GaijinPunch

Watching the replays would help I would suppose.  One trick that helps big time is that you should always end a boss fight with 9999 on one side.... always.  For stage 1 & 2 bosses, I flip over to the other character and kill him w/ shot to fill them up to 3000 or so.  Let's you go into fever mode quickly on both stages which makes a big difference.  

I got 3.7 bil I think now.  I was #6 on the Leaderboards as of a few days ago.  #1 is damn near 5 bil though (TAITOAPLAN).  Haven't watched his run closely to figure out how he does it.  No miss stage 5 helps a lot, which I've only done once.  

Not sure if I'll stick w/ Ultra or not.  Maybe if I make the top 30 or so.  Don't want to look like too big of a pussy.

Ast-Kot

I've played arrange maniac mode too and I've noticed that if you kill all the boss transformation with 9999 on one side and shooting holding A you get a different score... I don't know if this is the same for the mid boss.... :( I think that you can reach the boss with a 9999 on one side and the max counter that you can reach; I've finisched the 5? stage with over 200.xxx saidai counter and the boss fight give you a lot of points like 1 billion over :lol:

@Gaijinpunch: In fever mode did you use palm or reko..There are any difference in order to reflect more items? I normally use Palm reflecting bullets with A...I've not understand if, in fever mode, you've to kill the big enemies that exploding cancel all the bullets on screnn (like on stage 3) with C or holding A... ;)

I can't connect my 360 on live cause my home wi-fi connection sucks....for watch the replay need a gold account?
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

NR777

Question: what would be a better way to learn the later stages of the game, restart or "training" mode?  I want to be able to practice the patterns and my scoring techniques without starting from the top every time, but I want accurate rank based on my stats up until the trouble spots.

If Training is the better option, how do I calculate rank based on the overall counter/survival time?  I'd like to make sure the stages play the same based on what i usually have by the time I get there.  A typical run for me right now is no miss/no bomb up until right after the stage 3 mid-boss ( I usually get my first extend at or just after the second boss ), then it all goes to hell.  I am referring, of course, to 1.5 Original mode.

Megalixir

Take note of what your multiplier is at the beginning of each stage and start of each boss, then practice training mode with it. Rank is based on your multiplier.

NR777

That's what I thought...and it maxes out at 70k on the overall counter, correct?  I'll try and calculate where rank increments...

EDIT: Maybe I should be discussing this in the strategy thread?

EOJ

Original counter maxes at 80k or so before the last boss, if you do everything perfectly. I've never gotten it over 55k, even with a no miss up until the boss. So I wouldn't start practicing at 70K+ rank until you can get that consistently (as it very likely may never happen!).

Quote from: NR777 on December 09, 2009, 06:18:11 PM
EDIT: Maybe I should be discussing this in the strategy thread?

Yes indeed, that's what it's there for.

My score archive

moozooh

Well, it wouldn't hurt to get used to higher rank so that one could be more confident when it's lower. At least it won't make him worse at it. :)
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

EOJ

Yeah, but I don't see the point in practicing a super high rank if you're never going to get that in an actual run, particularly if you're just starting out on the game. If you are practicing to get better in runs, of course. In isolation, such rank in a particular stage could be a fun challenge.
My score archive

mushi_klopfer

Hi,

I'm sure someone can help me here.

How can I start a 2-player game? I pressed start ingame - didn't work. When I start the Game with 2 controllers connected, I always get "no entry" for player 2.

Pressing Start on Character Selection doesn't help either. So how does it work?

EOJ

Are you playing ver 1.5 or the arrange modes? There is no 2player in the Arrange modes, but it should work for ver 1.5.
My score archive

mushi_klopfer

I tried both. Ver 1.5 doesn't work either. I tried the P2 controller as P1 too to make sure it isn't broken.

NR777

Quote from: EOJ on December 09, 2009, 08:06:47 PM

Yes indeed, that's what it's there for.

Of course.  Sorry for clogging up the regular thread...just trying to figure out if I have to mess with rank settings on Training or if it will automatically configure rank based on multiplier.

EOJ

Yeah, as long as you keep the rank "stage default", it will calculate it based on your overall multiplier.
My score archive

Lunchbox

The game arrived last weekend (I'm on a small island of Spain),  it came with the DLC card, and I did the preorder in early November...

I'm totally amazed with the game, but I have a question (maybe I'm blind or something but:) Where the hell is the novice mode ??? ???? I find no trace of it. Maybe it's only a feature of 1.01 version? ( since i  don't downloaded it yet)
No arcades in Spain.

mushi_klopfer

Quote from: mushi_klopfer on December 09, 2009, 09:14:56 PM
I tried both. Ver 1.5 doesn't work either. I tried the P2 controller as P1 too to make sure it isn't broken.

anyone can help me here? did someone try 2 player modus? does it work and how?

StarCreator

Quote from: Lunchbox on December 10, 2009, 06:39:38 AM
The game arrived last weekend (I'm on a small island of Spain),  it came with the DLC card, and I did the preorder in early November...

I'm totally amazed with the game, but I have a question (maybe I'm blind or something but:) Where the hell is the novice mode ??? ???? I find no trace of it. Maybe it's only a feature of 1.01 version? ( since i  don't downloaded it yet)
It took me a while to find it too.  It's under the Arrange section of the main menu.

Kiken

Quote from: mushi_klopfer on December 10, 2009, 07:11:33 AM

Did you try signing in a second Xbox account?  The game keeps track of the account that was active during a run.

EOJ

Quote from: mushi_klopfer on December 10, 2009, 07:11:33 AM

I tried it last night, and it worked. Just press start on P2 anytime. Of course, you can't use it in SCORE ATTACK mode, only in NORMAL PLAY, but surely you know that?
My score archive

mushi_klopfer

HVL

Apparently the game dropped off Media Create's list already. Last week the last place had 4.8k sales, so it's not looking very bright.

Any more info regarding the sales now that the game's been out for two weeks?

EOJ

Yeah, it's not in the top 30 this week, but we have yet to see its numbers. The lowest game in the top 30 this week sold ~7000, so all we know is it sold less than that. As stated before, Deathsmiles sold ~7000 in its second week.
My score archive

EOJ

New blog post:

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/

MFBL is up for download starting the night of December 11th, 2009 (JAPAN TIME), which should be 3-5 hours from the time of this post. Both Arcade and 360 mode versions are available, with online rankings and training mode also included. 1200 MSP.

My score archive

brentsg

I wonder if they'll allow the DLC to be purchased via non-Japan marketplaces, since the game is region free and they allowed the 1.01 card to be redeemed like that.

Lunchbox

Quote from: StarCreator on December 10, 2009, 08:47:39 AM
Quote from: Lunchbox on December 10, 2009, 06:39:38 AM
The game arrived last weekend (I'm on a small island of Spain),  it came with the DLC card, and I did the preorder in early November...

I'm totally amazed with the game, but I have a question (maybe I'm blind or something but:) Where the hell is the novice mode ??? ???? I find no trace of it. Maybe it's only a feature of 1.01 version? ( since i  don't downloaded it yet)
It took me a while to find it too.  It's under the Arrange section of the main menu.

Thanks man!
Pretty fun!!, i think will be a fun (short-ranage) challenge clearing ultra no miss. I lost two lives in the last boss  :-[

I will focus on 1.5 before downloading BL.
No arcades in Spain.

bcass

Quote from: brentsg on December 11, 2009, 02:04:21 AM
I wonder if they'll allow the DLC to be purchased via non-Japan marketplaces, since the game is region free and they allowed the 1.01 card to be redeemed like that.

I just tried, and downloading it via the game wouldn't work with a JPN account or a non-JPN account.  Maybe they'll fix it later.  At the moment, it's only downloadable by going to the Japanese Marketplace using a JPN Gamerag.  File size is 264.34MB.

fuse

It's up, on what would appear to be all Xbox Live marketplaces!

Following through from the Game Library I've been able to get it with UK points on my UK account, with comedy mis-translation joy!

This is a huge relief, given that I realised I only have 1170 left on my JPN account  :laugh: