Which CAVE game has the best patterns?

Started by pestilence, June 12, 2011, 02:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pestilence

All choices include black label variants and console exclusive arrange modes.

My persona choice. ESPGALUDA II. So many patterns in that game (like the stage 3 boss) just make me say WOW.

How you judge patterns is up to your own personal interpretation. If the most difficult pattern means it's the best to you then that's how you judge. If the most visual stuffing is how you judge then, just whatever criteria works for you.

TimingTripod40

I say Futari Ultra though I admittedly haven't played much of Espgaluda II because of the ridiculously complicated scoring system.

Also that video of the final boss was what got me into the genre so yeah.

Special World

Ketsui crushes everything else in terms of bullet patterns, imo. There are some other games with fun and inventive patterns, but Ketsui has an enormous variety while also featuring some of the most fun aimed shots I've experienced in a Cave game. I love a lot of Futari's patterns, and I love those Deathsmiles lava-flow bullets, but Ketsui just has bullet style in spades.

SomeMist

I agree with everything special world said. I'd vote ketsui for sure. It sounds kind of weird, but they patterns are sort of organic. everything flows together in such a weird way. the patterns weaving in and out of one another.

pestilence

I like ketsui but I never really was amazed by the patterns. They move weird, but just don't do much for me.

GALUDA II though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVSmFcQEZDM&feature=player_detailpage#t=227s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSlA-wvbVzU

cstarflare

Pink Sweets's bullets are very diverse, and the shield allows for some cool looking patterns that wouldn't otherwise be acceptable (see eoj's avatar)

emphatic

I edited your poll so Ketsui and Akai Katana now are correctly spelled.   :righton:

I voted for Ketsui, but for me ESPGALUDA is very impressive as well. Something that must be remembered with each game's patterns is that they are tuned to fit the gameplay mechanics. If you didn't have the LOCK SHOT in Ketsui, the fourth boss' last pattern would take forever.  :laugh:

Sapz

Voted Galuda II for consistent excellence. I don't think any single boss can compare to Doom, though. That final in particular is incredibly cool.

TimingTripod40

Wow, I guess I'm the only one who likes the Ultra mode Larsa fight. Or at least I like watching people play it lol.

moozooh

Quote from: Sapz on June 13, 2011, 02:08:58 PM
Voted Galuda II for consistent excellence. I don't think any single boss can compare to Doom, though. That final in particular is incredibly cool.

For me it was a choice between those two as well, and I decided to vote Ketsui for innovation, overall creativity, and pretty much the only Cave TLB with a perfect balance of power (and perfect musical theme).
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

Let_It_Be

I voted for Ketsui, but DOJ is a close second for me.  I think the reason I chose Ketsui over DOJ is that Ketsui's patterns seems more fluid and natural than DOJ's.