Akai Katana Official Superplay DVD

Started by Kaneda, August 16, 2011, 02:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaneda

Commercials here and here. Looks like Shin is the featured mode, but it has replays for all three. Purchasable online on the 26th.

Judging by the date of the first video, this was posted over a week ago. You're slipping, EOJ!

cstarflare

Superplay DVD of a console release? Interesting.

too bad they don't say what the scores are to compare with what's currently available on the leaderboard

TimingTripod40

Yeah, how does that work for console games? I'd think the current WR would be whatever is at the top of the leaderboards.

Aliquantic

You don't have to upload your scores when you play the game, so it should work for sufficiently high scores unless someone makes a breakthrough on the leaderboards and makes the superplay obsolete before it's even out (SIN for Shin mode say).

At least it's arcade-related news, it's been a while since we've had any :s

trev1976

Cant find this for pre order anywhere ? Is it only for sale via Cave online shop

brentsg

Quote from: trev1976 on August 21, 2011, 03:26:48 PM
Cant find this for pre order anywhere ? Is it only for sale via Cave online shop

That's pretty much always the case.

trev1976

brentsg

Quote from: trev1976 on August 21, 2011, 06:01:28 PM
That sucks ,  :-[

No, sucks is when they are only offered initially at a live Cave event.  Then you have to convince someone in Tokyo that they really DO want to stand in the rain all night to get one for you.

jyumi

hmmm, makes me wonder if the other ports will have superplays just for the arrange versions.
youtube: Ghostezra
general: Tyjet Poison

EOJ

Did anyone get this? I can't seem to find it in Japan and was wondering what it's like. I'm mainly interested in the Arcade version replay. The 6.5 bil Shin replay by ISO has been long destroyed by SIN's 7.2 bil score on the leaderboards (w/ replay).
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

brentsg