'Huge shooting game coming' according to Asada

Started by EOJ, March 28, 2012, 03:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

http://andriasang.com/con0er/asada_shooter_not_for_xbox360/

In Famitsu Xbox 360 this month, Cave development head Makoto Asada revealed that he's currently planning a huge shooting game. He didn't provide details to the magazine, but this isn't too surprising as he also said that hardly anyone at Cave knows about the project.

Asada's comments about the game came as he spoke about how the meaning of focusing on a particular platform has lost its meaning. He believes that Cave will in general release games wherever the most users are.

All this is relevant to Asada's mystery project because it seems that it is not coming to Xbox 360. Asada apologized to Xbox 360 users if this ends up being the case.

My favorite part: most people at Cave don't know about this yet!  :laugh: Sounds like it's not for the X360 either. Actually, his comments seem to cement the fact that Mushi 360 is their swan song for the 360, and they're moving to consoles with larger user bases.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

SomeMist

"Asada apologized to Xbox 360 users if this ends up being the case."

hopefully this isn't the case, but I won't hold my breath. I wonder if by bigger user base he means PS3 (probably unlikely) or iOS. I wouldn't mind a switch to PS3 since I own one, but I'd be pretty devastated if it was iOS exclusive.

anyways..deathsmiles III? I'd be more pumped if it was a new espgaluda or an entirely new IP.

Let_It_Be

I can't say I'd be too upset if they do indeed drop the 360 as their main console for full ports, the 360 has already far surpassed my expectations in terms of quantity and quality of shmups.  I'm just hoping the console they switch to will have some good arcade sticks by the time they start printing the games.

SuperPang

My money's on a Wii U title with hybrid touch/d-pad controls.

Let_It_Be

moozooh

Quote from: EOJ on March 28, 2012, 03:13:43 AMActually, his comments seem to cement the fact that Mushi 360 is their swan song for the 360, and they're moving to consoles with larger user bases.
But if they're going to continue making hardcore shooters (let's pretend Asada doesn't mean anything touchscreen at all), what consoles could claim the largest appropriate user base? Likely not anything Nintendo, definitely not handhelds, and judging by the fact that they haven't released anything for the PS3 so far, not that one either. So far most of their games have come out on Microsoft platforms, and Cave seems to be on good terms with them, so purely from compatibility standpoint the next Xbox could work, but whether it will have a better userbase is completely impossible to predict at this point. Nintendo is pretty much guaranteed to have the largest overall userbase, though, and it's always been popular in Japan, so I guess that will be a shoe-in for a quick buck if anything.
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

EOJ

I think he was referring to overall users for a console, not an estimated number of shmup fans per console.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

moozooh

Well, that doesn't really paint a rosy picture, since the overall numbers will most definitely belong to Nintendo and Apple. And the only common feature between the two's devices is a touchscreen. :\
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

Despatche

Quote from: SuperPang on March 29, 2012, 07:20:08 AMMy money's on a Wii U title with hybrid touch/d-pad controls.
Ibara for Wii U, touchscreen to switch weapons and such.

edit: i just realized how old this was, how

Muchi Muchi Spork

They should do a special arcade style controller bundle package for their first Wii U release I think.