Mushihime-sama Futari Black Label

Started by EOJ, December 09, 2007, 06:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaijinPunch

I'll rapidhare it.

My stage 1 pattern is exactly the same, but my by best gold counter by the midboss is 24,500 and best by stage 1 boss is 17,500 (then I get another 5000 or so).   Pretty good.

As you can see, it's easy to give a way points.   He could've easily had a billion if he scored on the stage 2 boss.

EOJ

Yeah, the guy messes up the last part of ST2 - he should have gotten the large gold from the last icicle, then cashed in on the first stingray and refilled his gold with the second stingray, then cashed in on the second or third phase of the boss. Lots of other parts in the level could be done much better as well.

Overall the game looks fun, but I don't think I'm a fan of the meter filling up as you hold C on big enemies-- seems too easy, taking a lot of the skill and precision timing out the game.

I can no-miss Stage 1 of Ultra in about 1 out of every 4 tries now (after months of practice), so this looks like a piece of cake in comparison. That ST2 midboss is pretty much unchanged from Ultra though (bullets do go a bit slower, however), which sucks, as it's a pain.

What character are you using, GP?
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

Some more info from 2ch:

Original mode:
-You have to switch buttons every 3000 on the counter (1-2999 use C shot, then 3000-5999 use A shot, and so on), compare that to every 500 for 1.5 (and every 2000 for Ultra mode). It also chimes every time you get 3000 more on the counter, indicating you need to switch buttons.
-When you get 9999 on the stage counter, the overall counter lights up - it's flashing blue when you need to use the A shot, and green when you need to use the C shot. If you kill enemies with the proper shot during this time, you get HUGE amounts of gold (the tradeoff is the rank is jacked through the roof during this time). Apparently getting 100K+ on the overall counter is not too hard in this mode, in fact we may see 200 or 300K+ overall counters. This is an *excellent* feature if you ask me.
-Bombs reduce the stage counter by approx 6000.
-Each life you finish the game with is worth 20mil

God Mode:
-Each life you finish the game with is worth 30mil
-Apparently a guy 1CC'd it, but no Spiritual Rasa. So it's probably something like a scoring requirement, or you have to no bomb or no miss up to her.
-Destroy those lanterns in Stage 5 when the gauge is flashing red and you get obscene amounts of gold.
My score archive

EOJ

My score archive

Plasmo

Awesome title screen!
Too bad that this wont ever get in an acceptable price range for me :(
God mode really looks like fun now. (yeah i know im a pussy)

GaijinPunch

I made a really long post that the forum seems to have eaten.  Anyone else experiencing this?

EOJ

It happened to me once. Really sorry about that. Looks like I'll have to upgrade the hosting service soon.

EDIT: I fiddled with some config options and maybe the long posts won't get deleted now. As a temporary fix, just to be safe, next time you make a long post, copy it before you submit it. That way in case it is deleted you can just repost the message by pasting it.
My score archive

Violent Ken

Any pictures of the kit and the sticker? :D

I'm so hurry to receive mine...

EOJ

A couple short God mode vids are up in this torrent:

http://b-board.rdy.jp/torrent/details.php?info_hash=b0e60ed618d9565f093d0acefd45ea98c24a04c0

One is the end of stage 2, the other is in the first half of stage 3. Neither are very exciting, but it's worth downloading to see a glimpse of stage 3.
My score archive

KOMA

I just saw the first torrent.i'm very exciting to play it too.
For what you said EOJ,the original mode seems to be brillant.

EOJ

I think it's pretty amazing that if you go to Cave's website, there is no mention of this game ANYWHERE. They made a whole page for Ibara Kuro before it was released, but Futari BL? Nothing. Really weird. Who releases a game but does not put it on their company website?
My score archive

jpj

you should read the doj page   :lol:
there's one small mention along the lines of "...oh, yeah, we made this black label version.  it's got differences.  what are they?  find out yerself..."
yeah, thanks!

KOMA

My kit will be here monday normally,just for Xmas! :D

GaijinPunch

Starting to get the hang of it.  Best is 1.3 bil (stage 4 boss).  The 4th stage mid boss is a joke. 3rd stage midboss is hard.  I figure I can place a strategic bomb, and still score.

EOJ

I'd assume you're talking about God mode? And go post some scores in the high score thread to get things rolling.  :righton:
My score archive

Sperrfeuer

Got it today....
i only played a bit original
the best improvement is that there is now a jingle  when you have to switch from C-A or A-C button :righton:
More and faster bullets, and more gems, even for me it's easy to max out the counter (you know I'm more collector than player :lol: )
I like it so far.......

EOJ

Some guys on 2ch have been talking about an interesting feature of Original mode- if you clear the game with 0 bombs in stock, you get NO end bonus for your spare ships. Doesn't matter how many spare ships you have left at the end, they aren't added to your score unless you have more than one bomb in stock at the end (this is a big deal as spare lives are worth 20mil a piece in BL). Whether this is a glitch or an intentional feature is anyone's guess at this point.

Not sure if this holds true for the other modes, but it's something to watch out for.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

To quote a guy w/ a big afro and 3 front teeth missing whom I used to work with: "Ain't got no time to be bull shittin'".

GaijinPunch

Shalashaska

KOMA

Does the 1-UP is still at the same place as the 1.5version?

KOMA

I was able to get my kit today after several apel to EMS(delivery guys doesn't show up)and the poster is still at the airport.Anyways the kit is here for X-MAS  :D
For EOJ,the serial number of the PCB is CA-xxxx

I played original mode and go to stage 5 with a score of 280M.Short score but for 1 credit is promising.(i think)

Merry X-Mas guys,have fun tonight ;)

Violent Ken

Hey Koma...what is your serial number? Between 1 & 150? Or a random number?

EOJ

According to RAM's wonderful arcade shooter tracking site, Futari BL is currently in 54 arcades across Japan (though some, like HEY, have 2 copies installed). I know of about 8-10 westerners who have purchased the game, plus some other collectors, so we have at least half of the 150 accounted for.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Quite a few Japanese individuals bought it as well, apparently... at least many say that on 2ch.

KOMA

QuoteHey Koma...what is your serial number? Between 1 & 150? Or a random number?
A random number.Did you receive your kit vk?

Violent Ken

I haven't received mine because I ordered some items more...so, it will arrive this week! ;)

EOJ

Some original mode vids are up:

http://b-board.rdy.jp/torrent/details.php?info_hash=e4dcd157af4c9d523182fbc8a8156f0be25f7b7a

http://b-board.rdy.jp/torrent/details.php?info_hash=c489da35e4e1702abb63963248100a1eb7991a04

The second vid is highly recommended, as it is a full Original mode run where the guy ends with over 1 billion points (with Palm).
He gets the counter over 120K as well.  :shock:
My score archive

Plasmo

Just saw the full run. :shock:  The bullets look even faster than in the regular version. i was a bit disapponted though cause youre shot is so strong it makes the last boss really easy. but then again the bossfights in the regular futari were a tad too long imo.

KOMA

Scoring "a la ketsui" when you're close to the enemy