neomoe

Quote from: EOJ on December 15, 2010, 08:07:59 PM
http://www.cave-stg.com/?p=666

Start placing your bets on what they will be. I'm going for:

1)Akai Katana port
2)Ibara & Ibara Kuro port
3)New Arcade game

awesome news!

I think those are three good guesses.  I'd be especially happy w/ an Ibara/Kuro port.  Maybe the arcade game is Deathsmiles 3 :)

Also, several months didn't they mention something about an exclusive Xbox Live game?  could that be a possible contender?

Strider77

1)Akai Katana port

I think this is inevitable

I REALLY hope this is gonna happen....    I need that black label.

EOJ

Yeah, AK port is a no brainer. Ibara double pack has been hinted at a lot over the past few months, so I'd be surprised if we don't see it in 2011. Asada seems big on 'giving the fans what they want' as of late, but it must be profitable for Cave as well, or they wouldn't be doing it.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Kaneda

Monouchi

Hm, seems early to port Akai Katana, but then again...it doesnt do that well in the arcades it seems.

I go for:
1)DeathSmiles 3
3)That new adventure game they have been talking about.

EOJ

Quote from: Monouchi on December 16, 2010, 02:33:08 AM

I didn't include this as Asada said "unannounced", and they've already talked about the adventure game. We'll see.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

lillin

1)Akai Katana port
3)That adventure game, or a new XBLA title (could be Mushi or ESPrade)

I would expect the AK port to be the nov/dec release of the year and Ibara and Ibara Kuro pack to come early summer may/june.

Monouchi

Quote from: EOJ on December 16, 2010, 02:34:28 AM
Quote from: Monouchi on December 16, 2010, 02:33:08 AM

I didn't include this as Asada said "unannounced", and they've already talked about the adventure game. We'll see.

Ah, true.

antares

3 different guesses from me:

Dangun Feveron: The only thing we know about this is that M2 were working on it. They'll announce the platform now and other details (arrange modes)

New iPhone port

Original game for X360 other than the adventure game.

njiska

X360 Adventure Game
Akai Katana (Cave needs a big game port for the new year)
New Arcade Vert
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

emphatic

jheiger

Is it too soon to start clamoring for these to be region free releases??   

Wouldnt mind playing Ibara, thats for sure.

emphatic

Quote from: jheiger on December 16, 2010, 08:19:51 AM

Yes. When they announce them at their Facebook page, please go there and clamour all you want. It won't do you any good here.

ookitarepanda

One of these things HAS to be an iphone game, considering how Cave has been rolling recently.

But you guys are probably right, Akai Katana is going to get something.

xris

C'mon Mushihime for XBLA.
Yeah, it's probably a port for Ibara.
Esp. Ra.De. and Espgaluda two pack!
What happened with that supposed catgirl teaser pic? Maybe a new vert for that in arcade?
And, there was some rumor of a multiplayer based hori cute'mup for XBLA earlier this year, irc. Maybe they will get around to talking about that.

SuperPang

Quote from: xris on December 16, 2010, 01:07:56 PM
What happened with that supposed catgirl teaser pic?
Was probably just some unrelated random Matsuri shit.

jheiger

Quote from: emphatic on December 16, 2010, 09:37:20 AM
Quote from: jheiger on December 16, 2010, 08:19:51 AM

Yes. When they announce them at their Facebook page, please go there and clamour all you want. It won't do you any good here.

I know, I am just messing around. 

lmagus

phrenzee

Quote from: lmagus on December 16, 2010, 02:10:40 PM
Quote from: xris on December 16, 2010, 01:07:56 PM
C'mon Mushihime for XBLA.

THIIIIIIIIS

+1

I don't know if I really want another iOS game. They'd have to come up with something really awesome to improve on Espgaluda II i think.

emphatic

Monouchi

Aliquantic

Quote from: emphatic on December 16, 2010, 05:19:52 PM
+1 with at least 2 exciting arrange modes and a Novice mode.

Mushihimesama Blue could be one of those too, mirroring Guwange... I don't think we'll see it happen until Cave gets through more of their backlog, but I'm hoping it will come to light after Dangun Feveron/Ibara.

Given Akai Katana "Limited", I think it may take a bit longer for a port to appear, especially if "unannounced" games can include those that were just mentioned with little details (like the adventure game/new vertical). Especially if they are planning to port that version too, which seems a lot more exciting than the arcade release...

moozooh

1. Official Dangun announcement.

2. Akai Katana port (I hope) or a new iOS port (I hope not, but whatever; probably DeathSmiles-related).

3. New original title (PCB or X360).

Other less likely (imo) versions:

4. An Ibara pack like EOJ said, as Ibara Kuro is the only non-recent mass-produced SH3 game not yet ported.

5. Mushihimesama XBLA, with Normal/Blue/Novice akin to Guwange.

6. ESP Ra.De. port. They can't port Progear since Capcom holds the rights, so this is the only shmup left to be ported anywhere.
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

kernow

TheSoundofRed

I'd be interested in a Deathsmiles iOS port only to see what the iPhone Mode/Touch Mode would play like.
Although, the iPhone/iPod Touch screen doesn't seem big enough for all the action in Deathsmiles.

Either way, whatever the announcements are, I'm generally excited for whatever. I know that the Cave World blog hinted at revealing more announcements sometime in late December.

brentsg

Quote from: kernow on December 19, 2010, 05:11:52 AM
Deathsmiles for iOS or something.

I was thinking about this the other day.  This would sell far too well to ignore it.

neomoe

Thinking back, didn't Cave supposedly have quite a few problems with Microsoft concerning the Guwange xbla port?

If that was actually the case, is it really likely that we will ever see another xbla port...whether thats Dangun, Mushi etc etc?

emphatic

Quote from: neomoe on December 19, 2010, 12:18:05 PM
Thinking back, didn't Cave supposedly have quite a few problems with Microsoft concerning the Guwange xbla port?

If that was actually the case, is it really likely that we will ever see another xbla port...whether thats Dangun, Mushi etc etc?

But isn't Dangun an M2 port? They might have a better standing with Microsoft than CAVE.

TheSoundofRed

Quote from: neomoe on December 19, 2010, 12:18:05 PM

I don't remember hearing anything about this. In fact, Asada-san (in the Siliconera interview) said, "Since you?re going to see more titles coming out on XBLA in the future..." in response to a question regarding appealing to a wider audience outside the hardcore shmup fans.

Also, "We are going to continue release package games, but you will see more XBLA games as well.".