Three new titles to be announced soon

Started by EOJ, December 15, 2010, 08:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medal

TheSoundofRed

Quote from: Medal on December 22, 2010, 10:27:02 AM
I want Dangun 2.

I'll settle for Dangun on console with leaderboards and replays. Since it's M2 supposedly porting Dangun, I'm hoping it's for XBLA since that's the de facto shmup machine this gen. Although, Dangun's scoring system would work well on the iOS.

Vyxx

Ibara Kuro would be the sole reason for me to import a J360.

EOJ

They'll probably make an Ibara/Ibara Kuro double pack region free like MMP/PS. No one is going to localize that thing, and Cave goes with region free when there are no localization hopes.

But let's not put the cart in front of the horse. We have yet to hear Ibara Kuro announced for the X360.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Dude

Progear would be sweet remixed in Hd but who knows what kinda logistical nightmare that would be with Capcom.

exersia

If I had to guess what the 3 announcements are going to be I would say:

1. iOS port on Mushihimesama Futari.

2. A completely new game. Cave has talked about adventure style games along with other ideas.

3. New arcade game.

Pretty excited to see what February brings.

Blade Runner

Ibara Kuro and Progear would be awesome.

Tesuman

Quote from: Blade Runner on January 02, 2011, 06:34:01 PM
Ibara Kuro and Progear would be awesome.

If only Capcom didn't have a choke-hold on the rights to Progear...

Despatche

Would it really be that difficult to do Progear?

Related, I heard that CAVE did not do Esprade up like Guwange because of Atlus... I have no idea how this would even work.

EOJ

Cave has stated many times in past interviews that a Progear port from Cave is not going to happen due to Capcom licensing issues. Capcom porting the game (in a compilation or something) is something that actually could happen, but I wouldn't hold your breath for that one.
My score archive

SomeMist

I really hope this isn't one of the three titles, but cave, gree, and ea are all working on a social game for gree's networked gaming platform.

I'll be somewhat disappointed if that's one of them.

EOJ

That's a bogus page. It's also over 2 years old, if you'll notice. If Ibara is coming to XBLA, it's not coming from 5pb. ;)
My score archive

StarCreator

The trailer is for DOJBLEX.  Probably early misinformation.

Midey

Quote from: EOJ on January 22, 2011, 01:02:13 PM
That's a bogus page. It's also over 2 years old, if you'll notice. If Ibara is coming to XBLA, it's not coming from 5pb. ;)
Thank you for informations. :P I want to see XBLA version of any Cave game, because I don't like importing. :P

EOJ

Bit of an update on the February festival where these announcements will be made, at least we know the date now:

http://www.cave-stg.com/?p=850

My score archive

Midey

Quote from: EOJ on January 25, 2011, 04:34:50 AM
Bit of an update on the February festival where these announcements will be made, at least we know the date now:

http://www.cave-stg.com/?p=850

Day after Deathsmiles' European release date.

njiska

They've got a  new Survey up on Cave World: http://bit.ly/iizJ4x

Also MASAKing stated in a blog post that they're hard at work on a new iPhone App and they already have it up and running. Expect that to be one of the three announcements.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

emphatic

From their Facebook page:

QuoteHi everyone, it?s Masa KING at CAVE WORLD. We?re already a month into 2011, and the frigid days just don?t stop. Anybody catch a cold? It?s been awhile since our blog post around the New Year, but here are the latest updates: Espgaluda II is now GameCenter compatible, with CAVE NEWS feature added!

What does "GameCenter compatible" mean?  ??? Is that some sort of fancy iPhone version of XBLA?

Edit: http://nexus404.com/Blog/2010/04/08/iphone-os-4-brings-game-center-iphone-gamers-getting-xbox-live-like-social-network-leaderborders-matchmaking-coming/ So that's that then.

Danza

Quote from: emphatic on January 26, 2011, 06:38:52 AM
From their Facebook page:

QuoteHi everyone, it?s Masa KING at CAVE WORLD. We?re already a month into 2011, and the frigid days just don?t stop. Anybody catch a cold? It?s been awhile since our blog post around the New Year, but here are the latest updates: Espgaluda II is now GameCenter compatible, with CAVE NEWS feature added!

What does "GameCenter compatible" mean?  ??? Is that some sort of fancy iPhone version of XBLA?

Edit: http://nexus404.com/Blog/2010/04/08/iphone-os-4-brings-game-center-iphone-gamers-getting-xbox-live-like-social-network-leaderborders-matchmaking-coming/ So that's that then.

Pretty much, yeah. From my understanding, GameCenter is Apple's version of XBLA. You set up a username etc and there are achievements and the usual things, comparing scores with friends and such.

EOJ

Quote from: njiska on January 26, 2011, 06:14:08 AM

Also MASAKing stated in a blog post that they're hard at work on a new iPhone App and they already have it up and running. Expect that to be one of the three announcements.

Asada said he's going to make 3 announcements. The other guys at Cave will make their own announcements. Asada doesn't work on iOS stuff.
My score archive

brentsg

Quote from: EOJ on January 26, 2011, 02:07:22 PM

Asada said he's going to make 3 announcements. The other guys at Cave will make their own announcements. Asada doesn't work on iOS stuff.

Ohh that's hot!

njiska

Quote from: EOJ on January 26, 2011, 02:07:22 PM

I missed that it was just Asada. I thought it was Cave in general. If it's asada then it's different.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

Frederik

So I guess that means 3 new titles PLUS a new iOS game  :righton:

Got an iPod Touch recently and man, I´m really enjoying DDPR and EspII a lot so far. It took me a while to get used to touch input in general (this is my first touchscreen device ever) but it works smooth as butter and even on such a small screen they look stunning. I was really surprised to see them running as smoothly as they did, but then again this is the same device that plays Epic Citadel and Infinity Blade.

Their survey resulted in this:
Japanese rankings:
1st   Dodonpachi Daioujou
2nd   Mushihimesama Futari
3rd   Ketsui

Overseas:
1st   Mushihimesama Futari
2nd   Deathsmiles
3rd   Ketsui

...I would be really surprised if Futari wasn´t the next iOS port. They already established the Mushihime-brand with Bug Panic (which, judging by the Lite version, controls pretty badly btw) and they already have the control input on their vertical shooters down, so Futari would be a no-brainer. And while Deathsmiles is an even more popular brand, I think finding a good control method there might be a bit trickier because of the two-directional shooting.

In any case, both games already have 360 ports, so they could be planning to upsell people on those ports if they enjoy the iOS version.

Oh, and I have to add that I enjoy the iPhone modes on both existing iOS ports a lot more than the arcade modes. DDPR dumps the chaining completely and instead goes for bullet scraping to increase a multiplier, while the bullet-tapping in Espgaluda II is a lot less cheesy than I originally thought it would be (the original scoring of EspII is a pain since the virtual buttons being a bigger problem than the ship control). Hopefully the iPhone mode on the next port is as sensible as these!

EOJ

My score archive

SuperPang

Sounds like a possible end to 360 disc releases to me.

emphatic

Quote from: Midey on January 30, 2011, 06:45:29 AMIbara Kuro most likely...

You think? What about Dangun Feveron, that M2 is working on?

hipgnosis

Yeah I hope that Dangun is that XBLA release and Ibara Kuro would go retail. Based on that Famitsu article things aren't looking too bright for CAVE. The games aren't selling and they are running out of games to port, what can they do in the future to keep that business running?

GaijinPunch

Quote from: hipgnosis on January 30, 2011, 07:49:10 AM
The games aren't selling and they are running out of games to port, what can they do in the future to keep that business running?

Putting holes in the fuck pillows, for start.