Ketsui DS (w/ superplay DVD)

Started by EOJ, December 11, 2007, 03:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaneda

That was a pretty generous preview. Looks great! 5800 yen for a new superplay dvd with bonus demo game is a better deal than most.

markedkiller78

Quote from: Kaneda on September 03, 2008, 04:59:15 AM
That was a pretty generous preview. Looks great! 5800 yen for a new superplay dvd with bonus demo game is a better deal than most.

Aint that the truth!

The game is more of a curiosity than anything, but as a package I'll be all over it.

FrederikJurk

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=wHURLSLydlU&fmt=6

YouTube version posted by Mihara, the link is for the high-def version.

MrMonkeyMan

What's that bit about the Type B at the end all about?

EOJ

It says that within the game itself you'll be able to watch a B-type run from 2-1 to the destruction of Doom, and we should wait for it (they'll probably show a promo vid of this next). Video on a DS kart?
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

zap

Since you'll be a ble to save replays, it's probably a replay rather than a video file.

EOJ

The DS version doesn't have full stages (2-1 to Doom). So that won't work.
My score archive

Ast-Kot

News from mihara sublayer:

relesed on nikoniko a vid of ketsui that is not included in the DS dvd

http://mihara.sub.jp/top/blog/sb203/log/eid385.html

280millions at the end of the first loop

7000+ 5 boxes at the end of 5? stage
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

EOJ

We just linked to that video the other day. Look a few posts above yours. And it is from the DVD that comes with Ketsui DS.
My score archive

FrederikJurk

New trailer:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf9IVoetZkk&fmt=6

Graphics and framerate looks vastly improved compared to the early trailers, I`m really impressed. Mihara really doesn?t fool
around!

EOJ

Pretty nice, as they show you clips from all the difficulty levels. Looks like the Easy course just has midbosses. You get the real stage bosses on the harder courses. Death Label is the hardest difficulty, but even there, Doom doesn't look nearly as hard as the PCB.
My score archive

FrederikJurk

Ah, so that explains why the stage 1 midboss is in this video, as opposed to the real boss in the older trailers. I was already wondering if they switched them or something  :laugh: So that sounds to me like all the games bosses are in there, at least.  =D

GaijinPunch

Quote from: EOJ on September 15, 2008, 05:00:35 PM
Doom doesn't look nearly as hard as the PCB.

take into account the crappy controller and he is.

adverse

Looks like there will be another chance to play Ketsui DS on October 5th in Akihabara:

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/108/108532/

Mihara says there will be two cute girls in charge of uploading the game  :laugh:

zap

Lol nice. Hope we get to play some stage with background this time.

Been bicycling to Akihabara lately, feels pretty nice (except when it's raining). About 10km round trip!

adverse

Quote from: zap on September 30, 2008, 07:47:32 AM
Lol nice. Hope we get to play some stage with background this time.

Been bicycling to Akihabara lately, feels pretty nice (except when it's raining). About 10km round trip!

Sounds like you're feeling better man.  Good to hear.

Only new thing in this version of the demo will be the two player mode looks like.

Kaneda

One thing I love about living in Japan is running is all the unexpected surprises. I was in Akihabara today looking for a place to eat and I walked right by the loke test for Ketsui DS. Mihara was there with some model demo'ing the game so I gave it a go. Sucked a lot more than I expected actually, but I still want that DVD and will buy this anyways.

zap

I was there as well, but only for about 15 minutes. I tried it on the screen. They should start massproducing those NintendoDS to TV boxes instead! The game you got from the chick into your own DS was the same as at the Cave festival in August.

Shalashaska

Quote from: zap on October 05, 2008, 06:50:44 AM
They should start massproducing those NintendoDS to TV boxes instead!
Definately! I guess it would sort of defeat the purpose of being a portable gaming system but it would be cool to play a few DS games on the big screen.

EOJ

Quote from: Kaneda on October 05, 2008, 06:45:01 AM
Sucked a lot more than I expected actually,

Well that's not good.

but I still want that DVD and will buy this anyways.

Agreed!
My score archive

Kaneda

I was there as well, but only for about 15 minutes. I tried it on the screen. They should start massproducing those NintendoDS to TV boxes instead! The game you got from the chick into your own DS was the same as at the Cave festival in August.

At first I tried playing from the DS but couldn't see shit, so I was glad that giant screen was there. The shitty d-pad makes this game a lot harder than it really is.

GaijinPunch

My words exactly (months ago).  :righton:

adverse

Famitsu review gives Ketsui DS a 7886.  Pretty good! 

Edit: Read the review, the two 8s liked the fact that the game was customized for the DS, liked the advice corner and the game's new functions.  Kizuna mode, whatever that is, seems to be popular.  The 6 liked the game but said that the bullets and the multiplier chips tend to get in each others way.  Also that having only one course for the game is a little lacking.

Edit 2: Mihara just updated and it looks like the Famitsu review is wrong on the number of courses there are.  No surprise.  There are at least three: Novice, Normal and Doom and you are rewarded for beating each one with new courses.  Some of these courses are Hard Course A through C, Very Hard and Death Label.  The Evac reports in the game basically function as achievements that you unlock.  Apparently the DVD that comes with the title has the player exceeding 500 mil. 

henry dark

Quote from: Kaneda on October 06, 2008, 04:45:23 AM

At first I tried playing from the DS but couldn't see shit, so I was glad that giant screen was there. The shitty d-pad makes this game a lot harder than it really is.

That's what I thought at first, but after an hour or so of playing I started to revise my opinion...a bit. It isn't perfect, but its not unplayable or anything. Still doesn't answer the question "why is this on the DS in the first place?" but still, I reckon you could get a fair bit of fun out of it.

EOJ

New Mihara blog post talking about the superplay DVD:

http://mihara.sub.jp/top/blog/sb203/mihara

Unfortunately, it will only have a 500+mil replay with the A-type ship. A replay of the B-type ship from 2-1->the end will be watchable on the DS cart, but it will be unlocked as you progress through the IKD Quiz game. The B-type player is "Gan", the A-type player is "SPS".

How am I supposed to watch a replay of the arcade game on the DS?  :mad: Will it have the screen cut in two as well? They could have easily slapped this on the DVD if they wanted to.
My score archive

adverse

Quote from: EOJ on October 20, 2008, 03:22:39 AM

How am I supposed to watch a replay of the arcade game on the DS?  :mad: Will it have the screen cut in two as well? They could have easily slapped this on the DVD if they wanted to.

Actually I think this is a cool decision provided that the replay plays back in tate mode on the DS.  This way you can carry a Ketsui superplay wherever you want.  Rest it on the arcade cabinet as you rethink a level etc.

Sure you can do that on the PSP by ripping a DVD, compressing the movie and having it display in tate.  True, and I've actually done something similar, but most people won't be able to, especially given the sad level of Japanese technical know-how.

EOJ

They still could have also included it on the DVD for those who don't want to watch a superplay on the crappy little DS screen.
My score archive

EOJ

My copy just shipped from play-asia. I got EMS shipping, so it should be here by Friday. Looking forward to (if only for the DVD).
My score archive

gsl

Got my shipping confirmation today as well, though I skimped a bit on shipping so it might be a few more days.  I'm actually NOT looking forward to the DVD especially considering they seem to have cut some corners with what could have been a decent superplay set.  Then again, I was for the soundtrack idea from the start, as especially with having moved home I'd find the soundtrack more useful than a superplay for a game I'm thousands of miles away from.  But, no matter; it's a bonus either way.

Haven't looked forward to a DS game this much since Space Invaders Extreme.

Plasmo

If you want to sell the superplay seperately drop me a pm. I don't want to buy a DS game just to watch a superplay which is like 40mill points better than the already exxisting one. (I'll probably buy the set anyway someday...)