Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu BLACK LABEL [Cave 2010, PCB]

Started by zlk, December 07, 2009, 09:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KOMA

I ask Yumi from Fujita for a possible DDFK 1.5 upgrade to BL,Cave ain't do it,her words (^_^)
I needed to give it a try :.p

ResumeDPosition

Even though I have mixed feelings about the soundtrack, my arcade just confirmed that they are NOT getting Black Label   :'(

So I'm stuck with 1.5 here(better than nothing though) and probably won't bother picking up A-Power like I planned since they mentioned before they were gonna possibly get it several months from now.

Are there any set requirements to reach hibachi people are aware of(since apparently theres only 1 loop now?)
I'm guessing get all bees, something else?

Geeb

basiscape? no doubt in my mind that the original ketsui arrange guys were behind this (sakimoto, sizlla, iwata)

DDP? um I thought bits of DOJ and DFK music both referenced DP

adverse

Quote from: ResumeDPosition on January 25, 2010, 02:31:36 PM
Even though I have mixed feelings about the soundtrack, my arcade just confirmed that they are NOT getting Black Label   :'(

So I'm stuck with 1.5 here(better than nothing though) and probably won't bother picking up A-Power like I planned since they mentioned before they were gonna possibly get it several months from now.

Are there any set requirements to reach hibachi people are aware of(since apparently theres only 1 loop now?)

You should put in a request at your arcade for the game.  I've done that a couple times at my local spot.  Shooter players are so scarce nowadays that they will listen to you, especially if you've put in a lot of time on some of their games already.

Conditions for fighting Hibachi are not yet known for sure though there are a lot of theories including combo hits in stage 5, time spent in RED mode etc.  Dunno though really.

BTW, A type is much better in this game than 1.5 because you can fire laser and options all at once, making A type the best ship for taking out the bosses.

GaijinPunch

QuoteYou should put in a request at your arcade for the game.

Most of them don't: Shibuya Kaikan has had every new Cave release since... damn, as long as I can remember, and they've never once had a BL.

ResumeDPosition

Quote from: adverse on January 26, 2010, 12:30:06 AM
Quote from: ResumeDPosition on January 25, 2010, 02:31:36 PM

You should put in a request at your arcade for the game.  I've done that a couple times at my local spot.  Shooter players are so scarce nowadays that they will listen to you, especially if you've put in a lot of time on some of their games already.

Conditions for fighting Hibachi are not yet known for sure though there are a lot of theories including combo hits in stage 5, time spent in RED mode etc.  Dunno though really.

BTW, A type is much better in this game than 1.5 because you can fire laser and options all at once, making A type the best ship for taking out the bosses.

I could already imagine with the bullet cancelling while in RED mode, with white bee collection, and other whatnot that the A Ship would be great in this game with it's uber-concentrated pwnage laser+shot.  I was playing A-Power in 1.5 in small preparation to get used to it in case we did get black label, but from the looks of things we might not.

Next time I'm there and I run into the owner, since I'm the main DFK 1.5 player there(only person there who gets 2nd loop, 40-60 bil scores, run-ins with Hibachi, etc.), I'll have to talk to him and see if there's any way in hell he could get it.

joeboto

Quote from: adverse on January 26, 2010, 12:30:06 AM

i wish i can do the same at my local arcade..  :-[
got one white doj months ago, which i am the only player there, and now that arcade closed down.

Shalashaska

Made it down to Akihabara yesterday and was able to play 3 credits of BL at Club Sega. I've never played any of the previous versions of DFK so I can't compare BL to them but I thought it was extremely fun. Playing strong and getting the meter to full red was quite an experience. A short lived one though. :o

I hopped over to Hey and there was a guy playing strong that ended up with a score of just over 240 bil. He no missed up to stage 5 where the spinning, invincible laser things ate about 3 lives. He lost his last life with a sliver of health left on the boss. I haven't been keeping up on the high scores to know how well he did but it was very impressive to see such an awesome player doing his thing in person.

Off topic, I also put a few credits into Deathsmiles 2. I've never played the first one and never read up much about the sequel so I had no idea what I was doing but I found the game enjoyable. The first thing that hit me was that it looks much better than the videos conveyed. So if anyone who hasn't played it yet is still turned off simply by the looks, reserve judgement and give it a try first.

Anyway, here's to hoping that a DFK port is announced soon and hopefully we'll get BL as DLC, if not already on the disc.

SuperPang

Apologies if this has been asked before but.. any stickers on the boxes? I didn't notice any kit pics..

brentsg

Quote from: SuperPang on January 27, 2010, 06:54:43 AM
Apologies if this has been asked before but.. any stickers on the boxes? I didn't notice any kit pics..

No stickers..  There's a kit pic in the beginning text of the kit post.  The box isn't too visible, but there is no sticker this time around.

Kiel

Can I assume that the laser bomb is still absent?

hermosaguy

Found something interesting that has been semi-consistent.   Using Type A ship and strong mode, at the beginning of stage 2 just shuffle the left to right as slow as you can and watch the screen fill up.  The hardware gets taxed big time and the hud disappears and frame rate really drops.  I guess they literally squeezed every last bit out of the tech!

zlk

Kiel

What a bummer, that would have been an absolute deal breaker for me it if was included again. Well that and being able to sell my 1.5 to help fund it...

zlk

Just a few more details about the auto-bomb.  If you choose autobomb on, in your high score display it just shows a bomb graphic.  If you choose autobomb off, it switches between the hyper and bomb graphic.  You can also choose to use a hyper or a bomb if you have any bomb stock left during gameplay.  If autobomb is off you can only choose a bomb to use. 

If you kill an object and cancel its bullets in red mode, the cancelled bullets add to the hit counter. 

The more I play the game, the more I like it. 

moebinkay

I have been trying to read the story behind Daifukkatsu, can anyone help me out? something about time machines, christian era, elemental dolls. thanks  :righton:

Kewing

Has anyone had a look at the OST tracklist? http://vgmdb.net/album/17787
Concretely:

15 Zatsuza Secret

Is it possible that there's yet another Secret TLB? I'm surprised there's no mention or rumors about it. Anyone who frequents 2ch or similar places does know anything about it?

ResumeDPosition

Oh I've definitely heard rumors about it, I still have yet to see if it is true or not though.  It seems most black labels have an extra boss at the end of the game that a previous version didn't have before it.

Death Smiles BL : Bloody Jitterbug TLB
Mushihimesama Futari BL : Spiritual Larsa TLB

So far it is all speculation and rumors though :mad:.

EOJ

Most likely you need to no miss (and possibly also  no bomb) the game and a third boss pops up after Hibachi. Maybe only in Strong style (that would pattern with Futari BL).
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

brentsg

Quote from: EOJ on February 03, 2010, 05:30:50 PM
Most likely you need to no miss (and possibly also  no bomb) the game and a third boss pops up after Hibachi. Maybe only in Strong style (that would pattern with Futari BL).

Hopefully adverse can confirm this on his next trip to the arcade. 

:righton:

Kewing

Yeah, that would be most logical. But honestly, it's hard to imagine something harder than Hibachi (even more so when taking account the RED gauge, because either you 1life through, or max out your RED gauge to recharge your Hyper IIRC). It'll be interesting to knoe the outcome, anyway.

adverse

Quote from: brentsg on February 03, 2010, 05:34:53 PM

Hopefully adverse can confirm this on his next trip to the arcade. 

:laugh: :laugh:

brb signing contract for superplay dvd

brentsg

I had a theory for a while earlier today that grabbing a green bee canceled nearby bullets ala Ibara, but I think I was able to prove to myself that I'm wrong.  I think my shot killed an enemy, canceling said bullets right as I was grabbing the green bee. 

adverse

A friend from @ Channel told me today that someone already passed 1 trillion in Power mode.

Not sure how this is possible without a second loop...

EOJ

I'm sure it's possible if you really know how to score.  ;) Like every black label before it, the optimal high scores are way higher than anyone thinks when the game is first released.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

adverse

Watched a pretty sick bomb player (auto-bomb) clear the game today.  Was surprised to learn that you can keep your chain even if you auto-bomb if you immediately hyper afterward.

People have been speculating on 2ch about this track from the soundtrack "15. Zatsuza Secret".  Someone noted that if you shift each letter of the name 8 letters forward (Z->A), you get Hibachi.  So it seems this is some sort of TLB and not poorly spoken Italian English.

zlk

Got the 1-all today with the B-autobomb-bomb ship.  I didn't trigger the 1st hidden mid-boss (I still have no real idea why I get it sometimes and other times it doesn't appear) and after I killed the 5th boss, the game ended.  There was no ex-boss or no TLB.   No credit roll either.

zlk

adverse

Quote from: zlk on February 06, 2010, 09:40:19 AM
This has to be Yagawa's best game:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9617421

--------------

Was at Ebisen today.  I'm disappointed to say that Power mode is looking more and more problematic. 
I'm sure there will be videos up at some point.  Again, I think the main attraction is Bomb and Strong this time around.

brentsg

Quote from: zlk on February 06, 2010, 09:40:19 AM
This has to be Yagawa's best game:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9617421

Wow that's awesome.  Not to make his head bigger, but I think EOJ called this one.