Deathsmiles Xbox 360 port!

Started by EOJ, August 27, 2008, 05:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StarCreator

I finally bought MBL a couple days ago.  I wonder why you -have- to pick Sakura to be able to see sinmoon's replay... kinda bizarre.

Any replays currently downloadable of note?  It's been a while since any have been mentioned.

EOJ

According to the latest Cave blog post, DSMBL ver 1.1 will be available for download this coming Spring (as paid DLC). The delay has been due in large part to another necessary title update, which is linked with the DSMBL ver 1.1 download. They probably needed to change the game menu interface to add icons for DSMBL ver 1.1 (when you select which mode you want), and I think they are adding in a DSMBL training mode as well. Hopefully they will add all the fancy display options from Futari 1.5 as well.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

bcass

Somebody should email the Cave blog email address to tell them what we think they should do in any future updates, including fixing the slowdown in those modes that require it.

EOJ

Yeah, we already knew this (GP reported this after talking with Asada at the Cave fest last month). Let me know when they announce the "mystery" (lol) publisher. Why so much secrecy, I wonder??

I'll buy this because it will have the patch already on the disc. That will be nice.

Maybe Espgaluda II will get localized too if DS sells well? Let's hope.
My score archive

CastorKrieg

Probably still locked to US consoles, so us in Europe need to bite for J-360 regardless. Great news for US folks :righton:

fuse

Quote from: cstarflare on January 15, 2010, 11:25:15 PMlink grabbed from bemanistyle
Oh wow, it's still alive! I even still have my mod rights and I've not posted in nearly 3 years! This is much more exciting than the DS localisation ;)

Kewing

Quote from: EOJ on January 15, 2010, 11:26:37 PM
Yeah, we already knew this (GP reported this after talking with Asada at the Cave fest last month).

I must have missed  on it somehow, so this is big great news to me. But still...

Quote from: CastorKrieg on January 16, 2010, 02:19:50 AM
Probably still locked to US consoles, so us in Europe need to bite for J-360 regardless.

F*ck...

lam47

Dont tell me I will need a 4th xbox for this! Yeah I have the Japanese version but without being able to read Japanese (I'm working on it, language first though) I'm missing out on what is most likely a divine comedy rivalling tale of Gothic little girls.

NR777

Looking forward to snapping this up once it comes out over here. :) 

EOJ

My score archive

NR777

That is fucking killer.  Day one purchase.

PsychoDiver

I love Aksys...BlazBlue now Deathsmiles, hell yeah! They sure are a bold company, I mean they are also publishing Cho Aniki Zero and Record of Agherest too. It is good to see a US publisher having some balls, I just hope they get good sales numbers from it.

Monouchi

Ok, we got it early on a J360, but it feels kinda strange that the US ver get all the goodies included on the disc. (MBL).

lam47

Damn. I bet it wont be region free. Europe does not even have Blazblue yet! It is supposed to be coming out this spring over here though.
The US version is NTSC free but will not work on a pal system so I would expect the same for this port of Deathsmiles.
This stupid country.

StarCreator

Quote from: Monouchi on January 18, 2010, 02:28:19 PM
Ok, we got it early on a J360, but it feels kinda strange that the US ver get all the goodies included on the disc. (MBL).

I would feel bad about this, but I got to play it nearly a year in advance so I don't really mind.  That, and I'm not entirely sure if them putting the blurb there means it's actually on the disc, or if it's still DLC.  (They've got a few other facts in that post wrong too, like saying there are 5 characters but not including Sakura in the list and that stuff happens when you pick Lv3 four times when it's actually five.)  Definitely going to be getting at least a copy or two of the US release too, though Summer might be too late to make a few friends' birthdays...

Even including the DLC purchase, it's nowhere near as bad as my early-adopter fee for my EX-SE... I paid nearly 3 times as much for it as some people did on Amazon last month.

NR777

Sent a tip in to Kotaku to generate a bit more hype.

EOJ

This article says MBL is on the disc:

http://www.destructoid.com/and-your-us-deathsmiles-publisher-is--160861.phtml

No ambiguity there. Though admittedly it looks like they're just interpreting the press release as I interpreted it.
My score archive

Kewing

Wow MBL included, too? It's just too bad Europe gets f*cked up again, I'd so buy it day one if it got released over here, too.
Still, for a CAVE game to get released overseas, Hell must be freezing over...
Seriously, years ago I never thought I'd see the day

emphatic

Quote from: EOJ on January 18, 2010, 04:38:13 PMThough admittedly it looks like they're just interpreting the press release as I interpreted it.

Could this be "MBL will also be localized" as opposed to "included on the disc"?

CastorKrieg

Quote from: Kewing on January 18, 2010, 04:50:31 PM
Wow MBL included, too? It's just too bad Europe gets f*cked up again, I'd so buy it day one if it got released over here, too.
I raged as well, got over it. Will get J-360, I have old Premium so it is an upgrade regardless, and there is no info of other shooters being published in the West. Plus, let's face it, Deathsmiles will be a hard sale in the US.

Kewing

I was probably going to get a J360, but I'd rather prefer that to be later this year (although if Galuda II turns out to be region lock, who knows), that's why I'd prefer it to get released here too, or at least the US version to be region free.
Besides, and most importantly, I'd rather have MBL on a physical disc, I don't like the idea of DLC being attached to an account and a console, which you don't for how long you'll be able to play in case something goes wrong and the service is not available anymore to redownload it again.

Oh and it would be cool to have a version with translated text :p

bcass

Apologies if this has cropped-up before, but I recently bought a 250GB HDD and transfered all the content from my 120GB drive onto it.  Today I noticed that the Xbox Live option is greyed-out in the DeathSmiles menu (despite the fact that I am connected to Live) and I get an error when I try to select it.  Anyone know why this is?

ookitarepanda

Quote from: bcass on January 30, 2010, 12:38:01 PM
Apologies if this has cropped-up before, but I recently bought a 250GB HDD and transfered all the content from my 120GB drive onto it.  Today I noticed that the Xbox Live option is greyed-out in the DeathSmiles menu (despite the fact that I am connected to Live) and I get an error when I try to select it.  Anyone know why this is?

It may have something to do with registering your gamertag to your hard drive. Same sort of thing happens when someone sends away for a 360 fix and can't play their downloadable games correctly unless they're online.

Wish I could find the link on xbox support for you, but this site is a fucking maze; I don't think they actually want you to get anything done.

bcass

I'm not sure it's a DRM issue because all my other content (eg - Mushi BL, XBLA games, etc.) works fine.

fuse

I am guessing you bought all of your XBLA games & Mushi Futari DLC on a UK account though? When you download content it locks to that console as well as to the gamer profile, so if you sign in on another console you can use it, similarly if you use another profile on the same console it'll work. Sounds to me like you've got the licenses transferred for one profile but not for your JPN account. Try logging in to your JPN account and seeing if it's there - if it is then you may need to use the license transfer tool to bring it over to the console if you want to use your UK account to play it.

StarCreator

Except he only changed hard drives, not consoles.

EOJ

Wow, talk about a dream come true. Deathsmiles is getting a Platinum release in Japan on April 8th. It will include the patch and DSMBL on the disc. For 3990 yen:

http://wapuwapu.com/archives/52540593.html

This completely removes my need to buy the USA version. Thanks Cave. :righton:

Thanks to hirounder over at shmups for the heads up.

PS: this pretty much confirms DSMBL will be on the USA version disc, as I previously thought.
My score archive

MX7

Quote from: EOJ on February 02, 2010, 04:50:35 PM
Wow, talk about a dream come true. Deathsmiles is getting a Platinum release in Japan on April 8th. It will include the patch and DSMBL on the disc. For 3990 yen:

http://wapuwapu.com/archives/52540593.html

This completely removes my need to buy the USA version. Thanks Cave. :righton:

Thanks to hirounder over at shmups for the heads up.

PS: this pretty much confirms DSMBL will be on the USA version disc, as I previously thought.

Awesome stuff. I hope a similar edition of Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 gets published :D

Lunchbox

Yeah cave!! from now we'll pay you 2 times for every game...
Patched version?
No arcades in Spain.