Kotaku erroneously reports a Muchi Muchi Pork XBLA port

Started by MrTie, September 29, 2009, 06:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTie

"But before Guwange or any other XBLA ports arrive?Asada hinted at the possibility of an Xbox Live Arcade remake of chubby shooter Muchi Muchi Pork with a revamped gameplay system?Cave has some more disc-based titles planned."

http://kotaku.com/5370354/cave-wants-to-bring-its-manic-shooters-global

If this pans out to be true I think I might jump up and down like a school girl. =D

Megalixir

"Capcom Vs. Cave would be a pretty interesting fighting game," Asada said.

This.. I.. I can't even begin to imagine how this...

http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2009/09/15/capcom_vs_insert_idea_here

And Asada's hinting comes after this. So maybe it's real...

MMP being an XBLA release is awesome, but note it said a revamped gameplay system. I wonder what they have in mind.

EOJ

Yeah, I figured this would turn up sooner or later, ever since Wakabayashi's comment that he'd like to see MMP ported. XBLA release sucks IMO, the game definitely deserves a full disc release (it's one of the best verts they have ever made), but whatever. Revamped probably just means strip out the rank, dumb it down, and make it a bit more IKD-esque. Probably bigger multipliers, bigger scores, etc.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

GaijinPunch

It's clear Guwange is going to go to XBLA first, and I wouldn't bet a dime on MMP until that's gone through (and done well).

SuperPang

brentsg

I don't understand the need to revise the MMP scoring system.  I've only recently obtained the PCB and though I'm far from a master, the existing system is both very fun and easy to learn.

zakk

Quote from: SuperPang on September 30, 2009, 07:14:12 AM
So, um, Cave, about the arcade games..

You guys need to start mentally preparing for the day where Cave announces a new shooter that's released on consoles only.

I'd hate for anyone  to cheese-grate themselves with the solder side of a Ketsui board because they hadn't prepared :(

NR777

Not sure how I feel about the "revamped gameplay system."  Based on what I've seen, MMP's scoring system looks incredibly intuitive and fun.  Hopefully the original game remains intact.

Gwyrgyn

All they need to do to MMP is put in a damn life bar on bosses.

But an Arrange mode could be pretty fun too, if they actually do something interesting with it.

bcass

Quote from: GaijinPunch on September 30, 2009, 03:30:04 AMIt's clear Guwange is going to go to XBLA first

Quote from: MrTie on September 29, 2009, 06:04:43 PM
"But before Guwange or any other XBLA ports arrive?Asada hinted at the possibility of an Xbox Live Arcade remake of chubby shooter Muchi Muchi Pork

Did they mistranslate?

zakk

Quote from: bcass on September 30, 2009, 01:37:39 PM
Quote from: GaijinPunch on September 30, 2009, 03:30:04 AMIt's clear Guwange is going to go to XBLA first

Quote from: MrTie on September 29, 2009, 06:04:43 PM
"But before Guwange or any other XBLA ports arrive?Asada hinted at the possibility of an Xbox Live Arcade remake of chubby shooter Muchi Muchi Pork

Did they mistranslate?

No, the writing is just bad. You have to look at the entire statement there to figure out what it means. It meant that before any XBLA titles come out Cave has some disc based title to release; the aside between the dashes was just 'oh and they're working on another XBLA title too'

QuoteBut before Guwange or any other XBLA ports arrive?Asada hinted at the possibility of an Xbox Live Arcade remake of chubby shooter Muchi Muchi Pork with a revamped gameplay system?Cave has some more disc-based titles planned.

neomoe

hmm...maybe it'll be a whole new type of gameplay experience...like a puzzle type game like that mushihimetama game  :-*

GaijinPunch

QuoteNo, the writing is just bad.

I'll put money down on a misquote as well.

1: It's MMP -- one of their worst selling games.  How well did it rank in the vote thingy they just did?  About Wakabayashi wanting to do it... well, that's all fun and games, but Junya Inoue said many times he'd like to do ESPRade 2 when he got back into the games world, and Ikeda even said Ketsui 2 not long ago.

2: It's Kotaku

adverse

Today I went back to check that MMP quote again and it's gone?

Does this mean people owe GP money?  :-\

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999