Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu [CAVE 2008]

Started by EOJ, January 28, 2008, 03:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sperrfeuer

Quote from: GaijinPunchDon't all of the recent 2-player fighting games require two boards?  

Back on topic: Who's buying this.  I'm very excited for it.  More so than Death Smiles, and it's great.
no
yes but not at release

GaijinPunch

Quotebut how was the difficulty compared to DOJ?
Well, you saw me play my first credit ever, right?  I got to the third stage with some bomb whoring.  It's definitely no DOJ, but probably on par w/ say Galuda II, which I think is only slightly more difficult than Futari 1.5 Maniac.  Definitely harder than Death Smiles. :)

Quoteyes but not at release
Well, that's most people here, probably.

Sperrfeuer

Quote from: GaijinPunchDefinitely harder than Death Smiles. :)
nooo :lol:

BTW..... My death smiles pcb is on the way back to japan...had some sound problems....the first sh3 i had with problems :/

KOMA

Quote from: Sperrfeuer
Quote from: GaijinPunchDefinitely harder than Death Smiles. :)
nooo :lol:

BTW..... My death smiles pcb is on the way back to japan...had some sound problems....the first sh3 i had with problems :/
Sorry for that :(
I certainly pick it up but not a release.

THE ALLETT

If i get my bonus as planned which is on the 24th may, then yes i will defo be getting this one :)

drboom

Just a note - now that this is on the way (and there is a thread about it) shouldn't the sub-head of this forum section be changed to 'CAVE Arcade : From DonPachi to Daifukkatsu...'
And if anyone wants or needs to sell thier Deathsmiles to get this, I'm looking... And kind of spamming this thread - sorry!:D

EOJ

Yes, when Daifukkatsu is released, I'll update the forum description. Still have over 2 months to go.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

SuperPang

Anyone had an invoice from Fujita yet? I've not had a reply.

GaijinPunch

Well, the game isn't out for like 2 more months.  I wouldn't sweat it.

SuperPang

The Paypal credit is burning a hole :laugh:

THE ALLETT

I now have the money to get this :)
It will be mine, yes it will be mine :laugh:

EOJ

After you get it, sell the poster and buy a digital camera.:P
My score archive

EOJ

Loke test on 4/4/2008, according to AMI's page. Likely at HEY in Akiba, though there is no mention of a specific location, so it may be at multiple arcades.
My score archive

Ast-Kot

I normally play at Sinookubo's Alpha Station and I didin't see something like a lock test there on 4-4-08
today I'll go to see if there is something new about the lock test..there is only the date of the realesed on the new Ddp...:|
Maybe at the Game in Ebisen a lock test is possible;
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

GaijinPunch

The generally loke test at Hey, and maybe somewhere else.  Why it's not Mikado in Shinjuku is beyond me.   Might go out to Hey... but probably won't bother w/ the video camera.  I always get busted.  If it's at Mikado, I'm all on it.

sven666

dude BRING the camera.. you need to redeem yourself as the-man-in-japan for the lack of footage from AOU ;) hehe..

im dying to see some more of this :whyioughtta:

Ast-Kot

@Gaijinpunch:are u in tokyo now???:/

GaijinPunch

What are you talking about, Sven?  I starred in a high quality video (which is still floating around out there if you look).  Honestly, not sure if I'll make it.  Possible, but who knows.

QuoteIn Japan?
Yep

sven666

Quote from: GaijinPunchWhat are you talking about, Sven?  I starred in a high quality video (which is still floating around out there if you look).  Honestly, not sure if I'll make it.  Possible, but who knows.
yeah yeah.. but you just starred as jesus in it, im talking a fullblown production here! :righton:

GaijinPunch

Quote from: sven666yeah yeah.. but you just starred as jesus in it, im talking a fullblown production here! :righton:
Well... I hit the beard w/ the clippers the other day (it was getting out of hand) but I'm still pretty Christ-like in appearance.  Getting warmer.  I will be breaking out the sandals soon, too!

EOJ

According to am-net, the loke test is at Game World in Shinjuku, from 4/4~ 4/10. It's not at HEY.

My score archive

EOJ

Some impressions of the loke test version from a couple Japanese dudes on 2Ch:

-The graphics and gameplay system have been greatly improved
-There are bee icons to collect
-There's massive slowdown everywhere (think Futari BL God mode)
-It's hard as fuck
My score archive

Ast-Kot

Today I've no time to go there....:/
Tomorrow I'll be there to see this new Ddp;)
Is not so strange that they choose the Shinjuku game world for the lock test or it usual for Cave to do her test in this place:/

EOJ

Mihara has posted some comments after playing the loke test version twice:

-The graphics have been greatly improved from the AOU version. He didn't think they could improve the graphics so much, so he was pretty surprised.
-The levels have been made more "CAVE-y" in their enemy layout and bullet patterns, compared to the AOU version.
-The game is very hard and will likely only appeal to the top tier of players, in terms of scoring (much like DDP:DOJ).
My score archive

Shalashaska

Sounds promising, thanks for the impression translations EOJ! :righton: I'm extremely tempted to pick this up at release. GP (or somebody), get your camera and shaved face over there! :P

GaijinPunch

Shinjuku... beautiful.  I will mount my bike later and go check it out.  HOWEVER, why the fuck this isn't at Mikado is beyond me.  Where the hell is Game World anyway?  

OKay, I found it on a map.  Weird, I've been there, but it's hardly the mecha for shooting games.  It's a 5-story Taito arcade, and from what I remember, fairly empty most of the time.  KOT - you going tonight?

EOJ

Yeah, it's Taito Station game world, right? I randomly found that place when I was walking around Shinjuku a couple years ago. I played a bunch of Galuda 2 and Mushi there, and the place was nearly empty the whole time (late afternoon). Smoky as hell though, with poor ventilation - it started giving me headaches after about an hour. Weird place for a loke test!
My score archive

GaijinPunch

If I'm not mistaken, Death Smiles loke tested there as well.  

And I've found that most game centers' problem isn't the smoke, but the ventilation.  Even with the doors open, after a few months, the air is just amazingly stale.  Shibuya Kaikan is the worst.  I go in there 30 minutes after open and it reminds me of a night club at closing time.    I hate going to these places in the winter b/c washing a sweater (or worse, a coat) is so much more of a chore than a T-Shirt.

Anyways, I'll head out there tonight. I could probably squeeze in a quicky during the day but I need to get my run going.  Project Don't be a Fat Ass is in full effect.

Ast-Kot

I'm going today in the afternoon; maybe from  4 o clock  to 5 clock il'be there if I find it:lol: I've never been there....:rolleyes:
I saw a map and the JR exit maybe the Tounan Guchi :mad:

GaijinPunch

I believe you take the South exit, and go straight.  If I'm not mistaken, it's basically just before you get to Kabukicho.  Leave the station via the south exit.  You should see Studio Alta and a million young people hanging out in front of it.  Cross the street heading down the strip (you should be walking slightly down hill) and go until you hit the main road.  It should be right there on your right (before you cross the street).  If you cross the street, you are in Kabukicho (with Mikado a few blocks away).

Go here:
http://maps.google.co.jp/

Search for:
スタジオアルタ

Zoom the map in on the first hit.  It's just up a little bit from there.  The map I read says South exit, but looking at this one, it might be South East.