Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu [CAVE 2008]

Started by EOJ, January 28, 2008, 03:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaijinPunch

Quote from: Ast-KotAt the Alpha station there is only a small poster over the cabinet....;) and it's ready for catch vids...maybe saturday I'll to record I vid...;)
Strange... what are the chances this doesn't come with a POP?
That'd be so surreal I can't wrap my head around it.

How long is the queue at Alpha Station?  Shibuya Kaikan was 3 people deep today.  Looks like lunch time or no play for me (until the wife goes out of town).

zlk

Stage 5 looks hard if you do not bomb.  It seems that some of the bomb icons will completely fill your bomb stock.  It wouldn't surprise me if this game just has one loop but there are some crazy requirements for the TLB like no miss/no bomb.

EOJ

Do you already have the game zlk? Or is there some stage 5 video out there??
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Ast-Kot

5 people long queue at Alpha Station...:/

5?stage no-bomb is very difficult...:/

I can chanied all the 1? e the 2? stage but the 3-4-5 I dropped it sometimes cause i've to bomb....;)

How about the special mid-boss I tried yesterday the trick on first stage but nothing happened...What are the requirements for special mid-boss?
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

adverse

Quote from: Ast-KotHow about the special mid-boss I tried yesterday the trick on first stage but nothing happened...What are the requirements for special mid-boss?
I tried this too, couldn't get it.  Not sure.  Are we sure it's in the final version?

EOJ

Quote from: adverseI tried this too, couldn't get it.  Not sure.  Are we sure it's in the final version?
yeah, it's confirmed to be in the final version. I don't know how it's done though.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Played Power Style today.  Totally for the expert, as once you're stuck, you're totally fucked (no bombs).  So, I won't be playing that much.  The ship is too fast in normal mode anyway.

I asked the guys at Shibuya Kaikan.  They said they didn't get a Pop with theirs.  That's going to leave a mark!  Guess that drives up the price of the Loke Test / AOU Show versions.

sven666

cant wait to hear what superpang got in his.. ill be seriously pissed if theyve removed artwork for their kits..:whyioughtta:

EOJ

WTF no POP? Hopefully they give you something in there. That really sucks if true.

On the plus side maybe the kit will plummet in price quickly due to the lack of artwork.
My score archive

zlk

http://www2.axfc.net/uploader/7/so/K_27323.avi
pass:bunroku

http://www2.axfc.net/uploader/6/so/F_14647.avi
pass:fukkatsu

There is also another video at the torrent site:
http://b-board.rdy.jp/torrent/index.php

I think we should have a sticky thread where people post links to videos rather than have them hidden in various threads. I made a suggesttion here:

http://www.danmakudreamer.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?id=194

but am not sure what others think.

EOJ

Thanks for all the video links! I'm downloading them now.

Posting future links in zlk's "video link" thread sounds like a good idea.
My score archive

sven666

omg.. theyre not working properly for me, would someone mind megauploading them? :D

EOJ

Apparently people are 1CCing this left and right (with the bomb type). One guy on 2Ch said he cleared it in his first credit, and that "it's easier than Deathsmiles". Probably due to the 5000 bombs you have to work with.

Also, this guy claims to have already gotten to the 2nd loop:

http://kmcevekizuna.blog46.fc2.com/

He notes the following changes in the second loop:

-The lasers are now blue instead of purple, and they are now HOMING.
-more bullets
-harder bosses
-same amount of bombs, and same bomb damage

He said he got perfect stages 1-4 w/ the hidden midbosses to appear, but died twice in Stage 5 and didn't get the hidden midboss to appear there. So he's not totally sure of the loop requirement. After you beat the Stage 5 boss, the lines change and they ask if you want to continue to the second loop, and you can answer yes or no.
My score archive

jpj

not sure what i think of it yet...

Quote from: EOJmaybe the kit will plummet in price quickly
wishful thinking? ;)  can't say i'm any better though

for a game that was loke-tested quite a lot (by cave standards), the difficulty sounds a bit off.  too easy in bomb mode, and too hard in power mode?

zlk

I think Cave is on to something with the "too easy bomb mode, too hard in power mode."  Once you bomb your chain goes to zero and you lose tons of points.  The non-professional players can bomb their way through the first loop and have a good time.  The pro-players won't use bombs, it will be difficult for them, and they will score tons of points. It is a win-win situation for everyone.

KOMA

Thx for the links.Great quality footage for the torrent.Level 5 is pretty tough and intense.

rtw

Quote from: zlkhttp://www2.axfc.net/uploader/7/so/K_27323.avi
pass:bunroku

http://www2.axfc.net/uploader/6/so/F_14647.avi
pass:fukkatsu

There is also another video at the torrent site:
http://b-board.rdy.jp/torrent/index.php
bunroku is broken at least for me, fukkatsu works.

Could someone please post a direct link for the torrent file ?

Anyone figured out the requirement for the DDP3 mid bosses ?

Thanks for all the links!

rtw
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

Sycada

Quote from: EOJmany players say the game feels a lot like Ikaruga. Apparently the middle of stage 5 feels like it was ripped right out of ikaruga. :shock:
:shock::shock::shock::shock:
Agh! That's just cruel :laugh: . I'm still waiting till the price drops on this one as I've said before but I'm more tempted than ever to just sell half my stuff to get this now ;)
I'd be quite keen to hear what you think of Daifukkatsu EOJ when you get to play it. From what I've seen we seem to share a few favorite shooters.

I'm downloading the video, can't wait to see it.

jpj

Quote from: zlkI think Cave is on to something with the "too easy bomb mode, too hard in power mode."
i can't really judge, because i've obviously never played it.  i just hope it has a nice balance to it, because if you start out on bomb mode, and it's quite simple, when you want to progress to power mode, it could feel too hard.  like if mushihimesama didn't have a maniac mode - just original and ultra.  having a mode where you can't bomb at all is what gets me (especially thinking 2nd loop, TLB, etc).  as ever, proof of the pudding...  :)

GaijinPunch

It's not really a surprise that the game has so many bombs. Every Cave game since Ibara (except for Pink Sweets) has been aimed at both beginners via some type of gimmick or difficulty setting, and nut bags.  This is kind of off though, since the Loke Tests were so painful.  The questionairre at said tests, however, did ask "what did you think of the difficulty".

And now that you can carry your chain to the bosses, bombing on them can really fuck your score.  The end bonus is nice, but also the star bonus from the bosses is good.  Stage 1 boss with a humble 500 hit is still like 10 million points.  Think of the later stages with 2000-3000 hit.

Kaneda

I'll reserve final judgment for when I get to play it, but this looks like a huge letdown. DDP should be frightening and frustrating. I remember a time when you had to work for that stage 2 chain, dammit.

GaijinPunch

The chaining still takes some thought, although it's more forgiving now.  I had a nice 1500+ that broke about a frame before the stage 2 boss.

adverse

Um, if the game is so easy for you, play Power mode.  It's that simple.

SuperPang

Quote from: zlkI think Cave is on to something with the "too easy bomb mode, too hard in power mode."  Once you bomb your chain goes to zero and you lose tons of points.  The non-professional players can bomb their way through the first loop and have a good time.  The pro-players won't use bombs, it will be difficult for them, and they will score tons of points. It is a win-win situation for everyone.
My thoughts exactly. As GP says, Cave do like to add some accessability and its hardly likely to be an oversight. This has had more dev time than usual it seems. I get the impression they don't want to see any more v1.5's.

All fine by my, I suck :D

GaijinPunch

Quote from: adverseUm, if the game is so easy for you, play Power mode.  It's that simple.
When did I say it was too easy for me?

I stopped by Mak today.  The guy there said it comes with a Pop, so maybe the handful of arcades I've been to just aren't hanging it up?

Hmm....

Budloc

i just watched the torrent link, the guy who is playing seems to restock his bombs during stage's 4 boss by taking a "Bomb Item" while a bomb is used, is it a bug ?

GaijinPunch

Go back a page in this thread.  There's a bomb restock item.

Ast-Kot

I played today----I could beat the first stage hidden mid boss...to reach it u have to destruct yourself not with the explosion of other enemy the fuel tanks and u have to reach the max boost gauge before u have destruct the tanks...if you loose a life or if you use a bomb during the battle with the first hidden boss the other hidden boss don't appear---With the hidden mid boss the game rank up and the score too...my japanese friend finish the first stage with 350milion over...;)
I learm from him some good tricks for improve the chain----today I reach 3100+ after the battle with the sencond boss:)
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

Max

I don?t found the torrent, could someone put the direct link, please?

rtw

The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work