Espgaluda 2 Black Label [JP X360] - SE Region free, LE Region locked to Japan

Started by EOJ, July 13, 2009, 09:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adverse

Quote from: gsl on March 15, 2010, 05:36:30 AM

Had enough time to make chili dogs before the whole thing was finished, and it didn't even unlock my difficulty levels.

Damn, I could go for some chili dogs right about now.

HVL

I had to 1CC arrange first and only then I could level up by "watching" replays.

lam47

Quote from: HVL on March 15, 2010, 10:27:18 AM
I had to 1CC arrange first and only then I could level up by "watching" replays.

I just got the achievement and option from just watching it. I have only completed Arrange with 2 credits and not 1CC.
Perhaps you just have to finish it once.

HVL

Quote from: lam47 on March 15, 2010, 02:08:33 PM
Quote from: HVL on March 15, 2010, 10:27:18 AM

I just got the achievement and option from just watching it. I have only completed Arrange with 2 credits and not 1CC.
Perhaps you just have to finish it once.

I couldn't get past level 0 by clearing it w/ continues or watching replays. :oogle:

gsl

I 1CCed arrange and can now select the different difficulties (0-1 at least), but there didn't seem to be any additional options after I waited through the replay.

lam47

The only difference after you watch the replay and accept after it is the ability to chose normal and alternate rank.
You can choose any number between 0 and whatever the replay was. So for me its 32 and 25 I think. This was the second highest replay on the leader boards. The highest one was broken. I downloaded it but the guy just keeps dying.

CRI

EOJ mention few sites back that he is a little disappointed with the training mode.
found out how to start direct at bosses at training mode.
just go to training mode point 3 (stage no) and press the a button.
you can select start at midboss, boss and at the last stage even midboss2 & boss2.
so pretty nice training mode.  :righton:

purpbullets

Pretty sure you have to 1cc to get to choose rank, it gives me the option to "activate rank"
when i hit a it tells me something in japanese.
doesnt let me pick a number.

Van_Artic

Quote from: purpbullets on March 16, 2010, 03:41:08 PM
Pretty sure you have to 1cc to get to choose rank, it gives me the option to "activate rank"
just go to option > game option (the one where you can select how many lives you start with, score extends, ecc)

purpbullets

Quote from: Van_Artic on March 16, 2010, 05:49:00 PM
just go to option > game option (the one where you can select how many lives you start with, score extends, ecc)

thats what im talking about, when i go to the game options.
i click on the rank, it wont give me an option, just tells me something in japanese.
when i hit a, it does nothing.

lam47

You don't have to 1CC it. I always die on the final boss, I'm not good enough :(
Unlocked after the reply along with the 5point achievement.

purpbullets

i did get the achievement.
ahhhhh, NOW i see.
not arrange options, the main options.

gsl

Wait, so you set the arrange rank in the main game options instead of the arrange options?

I'm all confused now.  Just cleared the game on the 2P side, which I thought was supposed to raise the Kakusei rank, but now I've just got two entries in the arrange options for Tateha, both just sitting at 1/1, and the only changes I can make are toggling the first digit of both sides between 1 and 0.  What am I missing here?

purpbullets

Its not that either.
Okay, i go to arrange mode. go to options, game options.

it gives me an option

"Initialize rank"

i click it, nothing happens, it tells me something i cant understand.
and does nothing.

the replay i downloaded was level 19

level 19 replay was the shortest and lowest ranked video in the top 10 replays.
???

lam47

Initialize rank sets the rank back to 0/0. You will need to watch the reply again to be able to choose anything from 0 to 19

@gsl.
Each time you 1CC Arrange you unlock one rank level. If you have 0 to 1 on both normal and Kakusei then you must have 1CC the game once as P1 and once as P2.
Each time you unlock it you will get another digit.
Or just watch a top reply to choose between 0 and whatever the replay was set too.

And don't press Initialize rank unless you want it set back to 0!

purpbullets

my problem was, i saved the replay to watch. after i watched it and got the achievement.
i deleted the replay.
i guess it deleted the rank also.

so is the rank difficulty?
like in dodonpachi?

lam47

I think your problem was selecting initialize rank as this resets it to 0/0 with no option to turn rank up.
Its bullet number. For Normal and Kakusei. If you set them both to say 30 you will have shit loads of blue and red bullets to deal with. Switch over to Kakusei and you will have even more purple bullets! It helps with getting extends no end. You just have to learn cutting through red and blue waves. I like it a lot on the high ranks.

gsl

Quote from: lam47
Each time you 1CC Arrange you unlock one rank level. If you have 0 to 1 on both normal and Kakusei then you must have 1CC the game once as P1 and once as P2.
Each time you unlock it you will get another digit.
Or just watch a top reply to choose between 0 and whatever the replay was set too.

And don't press Initialize rank unless you want it set back to 0!
Yeah, I figured Initialize might do something like that.  I've 1CCed arrange using both player sides (I guess that's what the two Tateha entries are), I'm just puzzled as I downloaded the top replay and watched it through in all its tediousness but can't select a level higher than 1.  Maybe I'll just try downloading a lower-ranked replay and try that--the milking that goes on at really high levels just doesn't look very fun, anyways.

purpbullets

thats raw. im enjoying this game so much. really well done.
i think i read somewhere they worked on porting espgII since 2008.
i can tell.
its hard to know where to begin with all the modes. ha ha

lam47

The top replay on the boards when I last checked was broken. They guy dies over and over on the first boss.
I went for one with 35 and 20 something and it worked fine. And I don't think I need any more bullets at the moment :)

purpbullets

i cant start kakusei zesshikai.
i tried to hold b and a? still no respawned bullets.

croikle

You need both gold and gems first. Hold the kakusei button until you hear a chime, and you should be in zetsushikai.

CRI

arrange mode max out at rank 99.
you can download some rank 99*55 replays at the weekly leaderboard.

HVL

OTOH, the broken replays are nice -- you can level up in no time! :laugh:

bcass

Can't you just skip to the last stage anyway when viewing a replay to get the rank increase?

lam47

You can watch them in fast forward but you have to watch the whole thing. Its x and y to change speed.

CRI

rank 99*99 replay now up at the weekly leaderboards.
so if you wanna max out your rank check it out.

also make sure to look at SIN's black label replay.
it's just awesome what he is doing at the st. 3 midboss.

lam47

I watched Sinmoon's replay yesterday and could not believe my eyes. He makes a couple of mistakes otherwise this would be a top quality super play.
His theoretical top score can't be too far from what he gets can it?

HVL

Ast-Kot

According with the last Cave's Blog post a Esp Galuda BL patch fixxing the compatibility of replay and other problems will be released by mid April. Cave also decided to delay the release of DS MBL vers.1.1 by mid Aprill keeping time for add new achievements :)

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/
:)
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ