Espgaluda 2 Black Label [JP X360] - SE Region free, LE Region locked to Japan

Started by EOJ, July 13, 2009, 09:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elixir

Quote from: antares on March 09, 2010, 01:53:10 AM
Quote from: Elixir on March 08, 2010, 06:13:19 PM
Why does the font in Galuda 2, and in Death Smiles for that matter, look terrible on a CRT monitor? It isn't just me, right? I can take a pic if necessary.

You're right, it looks terrible in 640x480. Only the font in the menus though, the actual game looks great. I guess the font is meant for higher resolutions and the downscaling makes it look so ugly.

Thought so. 640x seems to be the way to go with these ports, but that font is pretty annoying. Looks fine with Futari though. M2 knows what's up.

dmauro

Quote from: PsychoDiver on March 09, 2010, 02:34:45 PM
Quote from: gsl on March 09, 2010, 02:37:35 AM
I really love the stage 4 boss.  The whole idea of having the boss grow progressively larger after taking damage is a nice inversion of the typical boss battle, and you really have to appreciate Madara's enthusiasm through the whole thing.
I agree. The coolest boss in the game by far.
Yes! That is my favorite boss, as in ever in a video game. Everything about it, the way different parts show up to join the battle as you blow more of it up, the fact that it's just the head of the dude you already killed mounted on some sort of machine, the tank tread tracks in the dirt, the evil villain laugh, some really great bullet patterns, and the fact that he has several breaking points to allow you to get some more gems or cash in for gold/points. Love it.

JOW

Quote from: dmauro on March 09, 2010, 08:03:50 PM
Yes! That is my favorite boss, as in ever in a video game.
...and that is my favourite avatar, as in ever in an internet forum

Inspired  :righton:

Danmaku

grotto

Quote from: Danmaku on March 10, 2010, 05:54:27 AM
Did someone already do a story translation for espgaluda II?

Yeah, but it?s not region free, sorry.  >:D

antares

dmauro

Quote from: JOW on March 10, 2010, 01:37:40 AM
Quote from: dmauro on March 09, 2010, 08:03:50 PM
Yes! That is my favorite boss, as in ever in a video game.
...and that is my favourite avatar, as in ever in an internet forum

Inspired  :righton:

I can't take credit. Someone made it on the shmups forum a few years ago and I loved it so I just kept it saved on my hard drive. I can't even remember who it was that made it. He made two versions though:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a160/davidlory/cave1.png
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a160/davidlory/bzgmif7l.png

JOW

:laugh:

...thanks, I'll be sure to save those myself.

Reco actually looks a bit lego-ey... Mmmmm, Cave Lego, there's a thought

lam47

Is anyone else still waiting for their copy from Playasia. Mine dispatched on launch day and has still not made it here.

necpmf

Quote from: lam47 on March 10, 2010, 06:49:20 PM
Is anyone else still waiting for their copy from Playasia. Mine dispatched on launch day and has still not made it here.
Hong Kong post is slow as balls. Rule of thumb: don't order the cheap shipping from P-A unless you're prepared to wait a while.

joeks

My brother still hasn't gotten his copy from Play-Asia as well. Shipped out on launchdate. We are from the Netherlands by the way.

MX7

Quote from: lam47 on March 10, 2010, 06:49:20 PM

It's 'only' been two weeks, so there's still potential for more waiting. Doesn't stop me hanging around the letterbox like a lovesick teenager though.

lam47

It's at the local post office! Just ?20 more pounds to pay and its mine. For Christ sake Thats ?100 total for this game. $150!

lam47

antares

According to the Famitsu Japan Game Charts this game sold 12,300 in week one (2/22 - 2/28). Ranked 19th in the Top 50.

The charts for the following week (3/1 - 3/7) doesn't list the game in the Top 50 at all with Sacred 2 being on the last place with 3,000 copies sold.

So apparently ESPGaluda 2 is Cave's weakest selling game on the 360 so far.

Source:

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=7273
http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=7387

Kiken

Quote from: Danmaku on March 11, 2010, 01:25:00 PM
For what reason ???

Probably because it's rather old and Cave never did push the merchandising/marketing angle with this series like they did with Mushi and DS.

EOJ

I'm sure Cave is happy with the sales. The first print (SE & LE combined) was around 17K (all of them come with the soundtrack CD), that will sell through in the next weeks/months, I doubt there will be a second printing.

Remember, Cave was only hoping to get 10K from Deathsmiles. I think anything 10K and above for them is a nice profit.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Elixir

So can someone explain the story of Seseri in Galuda 2? IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE.

You defeated her in Stage 1 of Galuda 1 -> You killed her in Stage 5 of Galuda 1 -> this annoyed her so she became a robot -> She's a robot in Galuda 2 -> Seseri is playable in the 360 version, so you're Seseri's unkilled self -> As Seseri in BL, you're fighting her future dead-self's robot?

StarCreator

Quote from: Elixir on March 11, 2010, 10:22:55 PM
You defeated her in Stage 1 of Galuda 1 -> You killed her in Stage 5 of Galuda 1 -> this annoyed her so she became a robot -> She's a robot in Galuda 2 -> Seseri is playable in the 360 version, so you're Seseri's unkilled self -> As Seseri in BL, you're fighting her future dead-self's robot?

TIME PARADOX

necpmf

dmauro

And why does she say "father, forgive me" when you beat her? (that is what she's saying right?)

EOJ

My score archive

EOJ

From what I can gather, Famitsu lists E2 as selling about 3800 in the week of March 1-7, ranking #37. Media Create, on the other hand, doesn't list E2 in the top 50 at all.

Seems this would bring its first 10 day sales up to about 16,000, with the first print nearly sold out. Pretty nice.  :cool:
My score archive

Jockel

EOJ

ABI has gotten over 2.5bil in Omake! mode:

http://abi123.blog110.fc2.com/

He says he can see 3bil, but is not sure if he will stick with Ageha or switch to another character. He is also going to try and capture some runs (hopefully), since there is no online ranking w/ replays for Omake! mode.
My score archive

gsl

So I downloaded the top ranked Arrange mode score today to try and unlock the achievement and rank level for it (neither of which worked, for some reason).  Guy gets something like 12 billion (am I wrong, or is that really like 100+ extra lives?), and I was bored to tears halfway through watching the first level.  Whole lot of really uninteresting milking going on, which pretty much confirmed I probably won't bother with Arrange past about 5 * 5 or so whenever I feel like running through the game four more times for each side.  At one point, just after the player finishes with the stage 2 boss, I left to go pick the wife up from work.  ~30 minutes later when we get back, the player's just finishing up the fight against Madara.

Had enough time to make chili dogs before the whole thing was finished, and it didn't even unlock my difficulty levels.

EOJ

Quote from: gsl on March 15, 2010, 05:36:30 AM
Guy gets something like 12 billion (am I wrong, or is that really like 100+ extra lives?),

The extends stop after you get 2.1 bil, so you can get a max of 21 extra lives to play with.

BTW I always set the arrange replays on x5 speed. Just let it play out and end on its own, then update your data file to get the new ranks.
My score archive

antares

Quote from: gsl on March 15, 2010, 05:36:30 AM
and it didn't even unlock my difficulty levels.

Are you sure? Your rank stays the same after watching the replay, you have to change it for yourself in the options menu.