Cave is currently working on 5 titles

Started by EOJ, December 13, 2009, 08:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

According to Asada's newest blog post, Cave is working on 5 new titles at the moment. This does not include the ES2BL port or DDPDFKBL. These include one or more of the following (he doesn't specify how many of each, but all together they total 5):

1)A completely new arcade game ("completely" implies it's not a sequel to anything)
2)Original Xbox 360 game
3)Xbox 360 arcade port(s)
4)Development on "new hardware"

I'd guess 1) is one, 2) is one, and 4) is one, that leaves two for 3)? Hopefully he's not including Guwange in 3).

Number 4) is ambiguous. It could mean new arcade hardware, or it could mean a different home console.

He says at the Cave festival on 12/27, he'll be able to discuss all of this.

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

moozooh

Intriguing. Especially the original Xbox game — quite unusual, though not completely unexpected in the current state of affairs.

And I bet he is including Guwange in #3. Out of the recent games, DFK and DSII would be the main porting candidates. I hope to be surprised, though.
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

EOJ

DSII was already announced, so we know that's coming. I want a MMP port more than anything else. Make it happen, Cave!

I wonder if they'll go the route of making some Deathsmiles visual novel adventure (or dating) game for the X360. They made a Shikigami no Shiro one for the PS2.
It would probably sell loads to lonely otaku and cost them relatively little to make. Plus, no bitching about the slowdown.  :laugh:
My score archive

moozooh

Haha, didn't know any of that. I actually thought the DSII port was an informed rumor, not an official statement; are they working on porting it at the moment? I wonder if dispersing the shooter-developing staff between so many projects (the aforementioned 5 + DFKBL + Esp2BL + Guwange? + DSII360? + DSMBL1.1? Shit, that's a lot) would make it possible to keep the quality bar high…

EOJ

Asada mentioned the DSII port in an interview, but since it has no release date yet, they aren't talking about it. SIN posted in his blog that at the last Cave festival Asada said there wouldn't be as long of a delay between the Arcade DSII and its port, unlike other recent ports.

I'm sure M2 is working on at least one port for them, and they seem to have expanded their console division into multiple teams. That's why they can handle all of this simultaneously, I'd guess.
My score archive

Monouchi

Very exciting.

I so hope #3 is DDDFK.  :)

...and I hope the 5pb Ketsui port is not canceled...

EOJ

Well Ketsui is an unrelated story. I too hope it isn't cancelled, though!

As for idle daydreaming, if it was up to me, I'd like to see the following ports (other than ones we know are coming like DSII and DDPDFK):

-Ibara Complete Collection. Includes Ibara, Ibara Black Label, and Pink Sweets. Includes a new PS arrange mode and Novice mode.
-Muchi Muchi Pork Pink Label. Includes arrange modes from Yagawa and Ikeda, as well as the special festival version with Pink Sweets bosses (maybe the latter as DLC).

I should really work for Cave. This world would be a better place. :)
My score archive

neomoe

fantastic news, you just made my night EOJ!!!

hmm, I think w/ DDP DFK BL on the horizon, perhaps it's too soon to announce a 360 port...
For the similar reasoning, I don't think Deathsmiles 2 will be one of the games he is referring to...

So perhaps the potential 2 X360 ports are Muchi Muchi Pork and Guwange...
I don't want to jinx anything, but MMP does seem feasable...especially given the fact that the matsuri will have a "zoo" theme...

ahhh, whom I kidding, this is all speculation, lol.  it's going to be a long 2 weeks till we find out....

And in regards to Ketsui, I honestly don't think they will cancel the release.  I feel pretty confident we will see it sooner or later.  In fact, I bet that after the DOJ BLEX patch is released we may hopefully hear some news regarding Ketsui.  Perhaps they are just holding off on commenting on Ketsui until the whole DOJ BLEX issue is "resolved" :)

Megalixir

5) New and exciting cellphone games.

I think if Pink Sweets ever shows up it'll be an independent release. At least, I would hope so, because I believe the more things they put into a single game, the less accurate it gets. I've always treated Pink Sweets as an individual game as well.

EOJ

The odds of PS getting an independent disc release are very low, as few people like the game in Japan (compared to Cave's other games). Maybe we'll get it as an XBLA download? That's probably the most realistic outcome.
My score archive

gsl

Man oh man, I am so stoked for Princess Debut 2!

EOJ

:laugh:

Good thing the DS(i) isn't mentioned in their game development, otherwise I'd worry a bit!
My score archive

Ast-Kot

In the IKD has just said that he want to realese a compilation of the best cave's game on 360...According to EOJ, I hope that Cave will decide to release the coplete ibara Ibara collection and MMP with a new based arrange mode as MMP blue label that I and Adverse played on August 08 Matsuri... :) But a new exclusive 360 shmups should be a good thing >:D
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

SuperPang

I hope 1) is something on SH-3 and 4) means they're developing the shitty new hardware further before releasing anything else on it. Unlikely but meh.

moozooh

MrTie

Great new, really excited about what they have planned from a 360 only game. I do not believe they would make a sh-4 based hardware after investing in an already new and pretty much becoming industry standard PC based platform. I don't believe that DSII visuals are a limitation of the platform only simply a limitation of their experience on it at this point, it is very possible for them to do some extremely visually appealing games using DSII's hardware, they just need to figure it all out. Love it or hate it, the PC is becoming the defecto platfrom fro arcade's simply due to the fact it's cheap to develop from a hardware perspective and theoretically should be easy program. Of all the actual video game titles in my arcade only 6(out of around 25) of them are not PC based at this point, and most them are older titles.

lam47

An Ibara collection would get my vote. Even without re drawn sprites. A pack like Raiden fighters with lots of video options would be superb.
The PS2 version just did not feel right to me.

CastorKrieg

Let's hope they will discuss some region-free stuff or maybe Deathsmiles re-release in the West? Super excited to get Mushi as I have PAL console. Although if no region free info will be provided I might be tempted to get JP console during Chinese New Year in HK.

EOJ

If you look at the banner on the Cave festival page here:

http://cave-gameshow.cocolog-nifty.com/fes200912/2009/12/post-2adf.html

You will see the shadows of a bunch of zoo animals, but a cat woman highlighted in Yellow. New shooter with Cat women in it?
My score archive

bucklemyshoe

Quote from: EOJ on December 13, 2009, 10:07:59 PM

-Ibara Complete Collection. Includes Ibara, Ibara Black Label, and Pink Sweets. Includes a new PS arrange mode and Novice mode.

Needs Battle Garegga

I know it's not technically Cave ...but

MX7

GaijinPunch

My guess is they're working on one that will combine the titty mouse w/ the fuck pillow, and be in game form.

adverse

Quote from: EOJ on December 16, 2009, 01:56:55 AM
If you look at the banner on the Cave festival page here:

http://cave-gameshow.cocolog-nifty.com/fes200912/2009/12/post-2adf.html

You will see the shadows of a bunch of zoo animals, but a cat woman highlighted in Yellow. New shooter with Cat women in it?

Or saucy lady attendants at the Matsuri dressed like that.  I bet on the latter.

neomoe

Quote from: EOJ on December 13, 2009, 10:07:59 PM-Ibara Complete Collection. Includes Ibara, Ibara Black Label, and Pink Sweets. Includes a new PS arrange mode and Novice mode.

this would be cool.
but a Lego Ibara Collection would be cooler.

MrTie

1)A completely new arcade game-No news at the matsuri, but they'd prob save that till the big spring amusement show.
2)Original Xbox 360 game-Must be MBL 1.1
3)Xbox 360 arcade port-EIIBL, Guwange, Ketsui?
4)Development on "new hardware"- No clue

EOJ

Quote from: MrTie on December 27, 2009, 03:33:30 PM

2)Original Xbox 360 game-Must be MBL 1.1

Huh? No way. MBL 1.1 is just a tweaked DLC version. Not an "original game".

3)Xbox 360 arcade port-EIIBL, Guwange, Ketsui?

No, 5pb is publishing Ketsui. Not Cave. This list only refers to what Cave is putting out. Also no on EIIBL, as I already mentioned these extra titles exclude EIIBL, which was already announced. So Guwange is correct, but the rest we don't know yet.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Quote4)Development on "new hardware"- No clue

I believe Bug Panic is going to be available on the usual suspects of Japanese mobile phones, and iPhone as well (which would be new).

EOJ

Is the Iphone stuff region locked or whatever? I have no clue, but I have an ipod touch (newest ver), so it would be nice to be able to download this game on it.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

You can download whatever you want from your store.  How your store is handled is a bit of a mystery to me.  For a straight up iTunes account, it's whatever country your CC card is issued in.  Mine is the US.  However, my iTunes account on my iPhone only allows me to get shit from the JPN store... I can't get Kindle, for starters.  Strange, since the phones are most definitely going to try to lock you into one region. 

W/ an iPod touch... who knows.  My guess is you'll need a Japanese CC to get it though, at the very least.

The good news is, plenty of stuff is available in all regions... at least lots of English stuff here, and from what I've seen, plenty of Japanese stuff abroad.  Pretty sure Apple is gungho about having anything and everything available, so even if there's a hoop to jump through, I assume it's small.  I mean, individual people are publishing apps for the damn thing.

gsl

I've given up on Apple's music store and players cold turkey, but when I last used it it was pretty easy to have multiple accounts for multiple countries.  If you have a credit card on file it is indeed tied to whatever country that card was issued in, but you can easily make a new account (insert borrowed Japanese mailing address) with a different e-mail address and do all your purchases through redeeming the gift cards--pretty similar to having multiple region XBLA accounts, actually.  I'd bet that since you have to deal with restrictive phone nonsense as well that the iPhone might not let you get away with this, but I don't see why it wouldn't work on the iTouch.